Trade-in and upgrade

/ Trade-in and upgrade #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
Has anyone pulled off a good deal and traded in their used Kioti for a new-bigger and better tractor. The three dealers I spoke with don't want anything to do with used Kioti's.

/ Trade-in and upgrade #2  
I assume you mean other brand dealers? I know my local Deere dealer is snobbish about any trades that are not Deere, Kubota, NH, or Massey, since his traditional customers only want those brands. He told me this years ago. My Kubota dealer, on the other hand, will take any interesting trade, and I've seen brands there I've never even heard of.

Wouldn't a Kioti dealer be the best best, assuming you're ok with trading up to another Kioti?

/ Trade-in and upgrade #3  
   / Trade-in and upgrade
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant trade my Kioti at a Kioti dealership for a larger new Kioti.
The dealer that I originally bought my ck35 said he wasn't interested in a trade in. I only had 75 hours on the machine. I contacted two other Kioti dealers and they said no. Now my tractor has about 175 hours on it. I'm just curious if others had the same misfortune with their used Kioti's.

/ Trade-in and upgrade #5  
Well, my experience was quite different. I believe I was at about 150 hrs and 1 year when I made the trade. My dealer gave me back about 94% (if memory servers, it's all in the thread I gave a link to) of the total amount I paid, including the Kioti cab and installation cost. He was more than happy to take it back on trade.

I'm not sure what kind of dealer you use. My view on Kioti is they shouldn't have given franchises to 1/2 the places they did. I've seen Kiotis sold out of small mom and pop hardware stores and this is just a set up for disaster for ALL involved. My dealer is a professional dealer who's been selling Kioti for many years and other equipment for decades before that. They took my JD 955 when I bought my CK30 then took the CK30 when I traded to DK45. I've seen plenty of other colours on their lot as well. Any dealer who wont take their own brand back on trade is a very weak dealer and not a professional dealer IMO. If they're concerned about being able to move one used tractor, I'd be concerned they'll be around next week.

/ Trade-in and upgrade #6  
Has anyone pulled off a good deal and traded in their used Kioti for a new-bigger and better tractor. The three dealers I spoke with don't want anything to do with used Kioti's.
I traded in my 2008 open station Kioti DE40se (shuttle shift) with 254 hours for my current cab model 2012 Dk40 se HST to Michigan Iron Equipment and felt they treated me real well on the sale.I fully agree with kiotiken post also.Michigan Iron is a full service 5 paw dealer.I called a local (Small)Kioti dealer who also sells McCormick tractors who stated he would not take my Kioti trade.He was about 20 miles from me,he lost the sale.Guess what I now travel 70 miles for all my sales,parts and service needs.IMHO I made the correct choice.

Last edited:
   / Trade-in and upgrade #7  
Try other dealers, both Kioti and otherwise.

/ Trade-in and upgrade
I'm not sure what kind of dealer you use. My view on Kioti is they shouldn't have given franchises to 1/2 the places they did. I've seen Kiotis sold out of small mom and pop hardware stores and this is just a set up for disaster for ALL involved. My dealer is a professional dealer who's been selling Kioti for many years and other equipment for decades before that. They took my JD 955 when I bought my CK30 then took the CK30 when I traded to DK45. I've seen plenty of other colours on their lot as well. Any dealer who wont take their own brand back on trade is a very weak dealer and not a professional dealer IMO. If they're concerned about being able to move one used tractor, I'd be concerned they'll be around next week.[/QUOTE]

Very true and to the point. The original dealer should at least consider a potential trade up.

/ Trade-in and upgrade #9  
I know my tractor is blue but they dealer is what brings satisfaction to their sale or trade. If they are not able to even absorb a used tractor of their own brand they won't last long and will do damage to tie brand. I am so happy with my dealer on parts service as well as new sales of anything I have purchased he has all my business because he earned it.c

/ Trade-in and upgrade #10  
My tractor is orange. Last time I was at the dealership he made an offer on my 2009 M6040 that almost made me weak in the knees. I guess pre-tier 4 tractors with low hours are a hot item. It would have been a real sweetheart deal if I was in the market for a larger tier 4 tractor.