Trade of front blade for FEL

/ Trade of front blade for FEL #11  
I only have a 4110 w/410 loader and I do not think it would work too good on stumps of any size. A BH would be sweet but that isn't an option for my tractor.

/ Trade of front blade for FEL #12  
Von,
What about me? I'll buy ya' a couple if you weld hooks on my new loader. I'm only about 6 miles away. Just kidding... I'm hoping to get NH dealer to do it. I went to Bob James to look at new JD and I received alot of attitude. Acted like their sh*t don't stink. The salesman had a brand new 2210? right outside the double doors and didn't even offer to have me look at it, let alone sit on it and drive it. And this is the model he was showing me a brouchure on! I will never buy from them after being treated the way I was. Also, I am paying cash and I told him that. Just wondering how your experience has been with them?
-Dave

/ Trade of front blade for FEL
I called Bob James, and was told that unless the price of whatever I was buying was at least $5000, JD would not modify the original loan. I said okay, thanks, see ya round.

I might be better of refinancing all of this through our bank, rather than through JD. Maybe this is a way to get the backhoe and the FEL at the same time. OTOH, I can do most of what I want as it is, so maybe I should just relax and enjoy what I have.

Sigh. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the suggestions, advice, etc..!

Bob

/ Trade of front blade for FEL #14  
<font color="blue">...I believe I could do with the FEL is dig out stumps... </font>

Ahhhhh... maybe teeny... tiny ones... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Trade of front blade for FEL #15  
Dave, Sure, just tow it up here and bring two hooks of your choice and a case of Labbatts Blue! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Won't take long to do it. As for Bob James I think it depends on which store you go to. I live about 2 miles from the one in Fairport and have seen some great deals on used tractors there. My neighbor got a JD 755 4WD with FEL and backblade last summer for $8200.00. Only had 425 hours on it, and it great shape. I have seen them sell some Kubotas for cheap as well. But I have never spent more than $40.00 at one time there so I can't really say. Since I have a Kubota, and they still talk to me, I can't complain. Just let me know when you want to weld the hooks on! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Trade of front blade for FEL #16  

How do you hook up to your MMM with your FEL. I had KC put hooks on just for that reason but I dont know a good place to tie to on the MMM

/ Trade of front blade for FEL #17  
Lou,

I use two straps or lengths of rope, one at each end of the bucket just inside the arms. I attach the the straps to the gauge wheels mounted at each corner of my 60" MMM. I don't attach to the gauge wheels themselves but to the arms that extend out and to which the wheels are attached. The strap goes from the front corner, over the bucket and to the rear corner on the same side. I do not have hooks on my bucket. I'm not sure how your MMM is set up but the MMM on the 755 is easy to tie off to. I curl the bucket down and bring the cutting edge down to rest on the MMM gear box. Attach the straps as tight as I can get them. I then lift the MMM and curl the bucket all the way back. The straps don't slip much and the deck ends up being nearly vertical. Set at the right height a trash can fits underneath and you can scrape the deck right into the can. Blades are easy to take on and off in this position as well.

Jeff

/ Trade of front blade for FEL #18  
When you explained that you curl the bucket the operation became clearer to me. Thanks for the help.

/ Trade of front blade for FEL #19  
I just bought a 4310 with bh and 4n1 and the 4n1 added 1350.00 over what a 72" heavy duty bucket would have cost.
JMAC

/ Trade of front blade for FEL #20  
I use Plastic coated cable - 72" mower deck after 2 coats of TSC Slip PLATE EZ Slide.

Attachments

• 264180-P1010103-43.JPG
    264180-P1010103-43.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 111