Trade up to 2520 from 2210?

/ Trade up to 2520 from 2210? #1  

B8FISH

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 3320
Hmmm, after reading many posts on the 2520 (and not sure I want to wait to see what the 2320 brings), I am looking to trade in my 2210 with 210 loader and 62" deck on a 2520. The 2210 has about 150 hours--any comments on trade-in value?? I've been offered about 8K for TI on the 2520 with 200CX, and 62" drive on deck. I would be keeping all my other implements. Comments and suggestions welcome--especially on wether the 2520 could pull an LX5 (instead of the LX4 I have now).
Thanks,
B8fish

/ Trade up to 2520 from 2210? #2  
B8FISH,

That $8K is only relative to what they are quoting you for a 2520. You may find that selling the 2210 outright is a better idea. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Trade up to 2520 from 2210?
JD--thanks for the perspective. I am mostly interested in trading in so that I can just move on. I may post some ads and see what kind of response I get. I have been quoted (at a different dealer) closer to 10K, which is about what I would attempt to sell the 2210 for (based on a similarly configured 2305's new price /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

/ Trade up to 2520 from 2210? #4  
See you're over here too... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Trade up to 2520 from 2210? #5  
I also think trying to sell your 2210 would be a better idea. Those tractors are very popular and I bet you could move yours quickly. Times are slower even at the dealers now, so they might be less inclined to give you a good trade in on a machine they might keep until spring. I would give myself a week or two to sell the machine for a little more than I originally thought before trading in. It may not sound like much but an extra 500-1500 dollars would buy a nice attachment or make a good IRA or mutual fund contribution. As for the LX5, the 2520 will pull one without hoopla. The lift height is not quite as good as a mid frame machine for irregular terrain, but it will still be fine. And you don't mow with the deck up, so I think it is all OK.

John M

yeah--the more info the better. Thanks for your input /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Trade up to 2520 from 2210? #7  
Curious about your rake... What are it's main uses for you? Would you buy one again? Thanks...

Steve

Shawk--I used the rake for finish prep around my timberframe barn after construction. I also use it for gravel drive maintenance (smoothing), collecting/piling black walnuts, and general "dragging stuff" in the woods after going through with the toothbar/bucket and LX-4. I would buy one again--they aren't really all that expensive, and I've it to be pretty useful (the gauge wheels are pricey however).
B8fish

/ Trade up to 2520 from 2210? #9  
Thanks...

Btw... Stopped by a dealer today with a 2520 in stock and snapped some pics. If you'd like to see them... just shoot me an email and I'll send 'em to ya.

sstevehaack@aol.com

/ Trade up to 2520 from 2210? #10  
One thing you guys moving up are going to notice, is a much more authorative exhaust sound. The 2520 sounds, well, like a diesel is supposed to sound! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif