Traded BX in for B7610

/ Traded BX in for B7610 #21  
jambx,
This is an ancient thread. Killer_B's gone green, hasn't he?

The B7610's MMM isn't hard to take off or put back on if you have an FEL on the tractor. To remove, disconnect the mower, and use the FEL to raise the front wheels so that you can roll the mower forward into the space between the bucket and the front wheels. Using blocks under the lip of the bucket can help a lot. Reverse the procedure for install. A change cycle will take 15 to 20 minutes once you get your game down. Without an FEL, mower R&R will be a PIA.

Due to the suspended deck, the BX will probably do a better job mowing than the B7610. I've found that I get a better cut with the B7610 if, when I lower the mower deck, I don't let the 3PH arms go all the way down (bottom out). Just lower them enough for the deck to rest squarely on a level surface and then maybe an inch more. In my case the 3PH arms are nearly level when set this way. On my rough lawns this allows the tractor to support the mower somewhat as it passes over the low spots and prevents it from following every contour of the surface. The lawn looks alot better when I do it this way.

One thing you'll lose with the B7610 is the opportunity to be a "wild & crazy BX guy" who does the incredible on weekdays and the impossible on weekends with a tiny tractor. For some reason the meme doesn't work with the B-series tractors. ;)
FWIW
Bob

/ Traded BX in for B7610
Hi Jim,

Way to resurrect and old thread!

Ditto everything Bob Young said. He's right on the money.

the main reason I am looking to do this is because the BX just doesnt seem to "scratch the tractor itch" (yes I stole that from KillerB's post). Is that enough to warrent a jump?

Absolutely!

I hear MMM's are a real PIA to put on and take off especially on a 7610. Any comments?

Not at all. The BX is a little easier, but not by much.

I also heard the 7610 is not as nimble cutting the lawn as the BX but assume that is subjective.

This is absolutely true. The BX is a better lawn mower than the B7610, and it won't tear up your lawn as a B7610 will if you are not careful while turning.

Is the 7610 very tippy compared to the BX?

The BX is more stable because it's lower to the ground. But I did not consider the B7610 to be tippy.

Would those that moved up to the 7610 from a BX say it was enough of a jump or after did you regret your decision and either went larger or maybe you should have stayed smaller?

This was certainly true in my case. I only had the B7610 a couple years before I went bigger. My JD is 30% more HP and 100% heavier than the B7610. I like big. But there is nothing wrong with small if that's your preference.

Last but not least I am not sure anyone on this form had upgraded from a BX with a Backhoe to a B - but if you had did you opt for the BH or not on the upgrade and/or did you have any regrets? Although I rarely use mine its a great attatchment to have it at your disposal - just one of those real nice to haves when a hole has to be dug.

Can't help you there. I have never owned a backhoe. The ones on the BX look awful handy.

In retrospect, I kind of wish I would have bought the Deere first, since it would have been much cheaper than test driving the BX and B7610. When I got the BX, I thought it was big enough. Then I thought the same thing about the B7610. Now after a couple hundred hours on the JD I think I finally found the porage that's just right.

On the other hand, that new L3240 looks awful nice :).

KB

/ Traded BX in for B7610 #23  
Hi Jim,
~~~****~~~****~~~
Can't help you there.
I have never owned a backhoe.
The ones on the BX look awful handy
XXXXXXXX
KB
They sure are!

Next to the FEL The BH is the most used implement on my BX23 other than the MMM.
L . B .

/ Traded BX in for B7610
I just noticed Jim's post was 4 years to the day from my original. Coincidence? I think not.

/ Traded BX in for B7610 #25  
Hey guys,

Yea old thread eh?! I am one of those types that researches stuff to death and use the "search" feature of this web site a lot (hence my resurrection of the old thread and my low posting #'s). I can not tell how much I appreciate all your feedback. Its so awesome to be able to tap into honest and accurate feedback.

I have been going back and forth on my next tractor - comparing this comparing that but never really giving the new "B"'s a serious look.

I finally had the opportunity to see up close and personal a B2920. It had a few features over the B7610 that I liked specifically the larger deck, great loader joy stick location and a 4 PT BH attachment that also utilizes the same seat as the tractor.

With that said I think I may have redirected my thinking over the old style B and although I still think the 7610 is "more attractive" my thinking now is the newer platform maybe a wiser move. Then again the day I buy one of these new "B"'s Kubota will likely offer position control :(

and as for my issue with the MMM - when I look at the initial cost I am now seriously considering this is a attatchment that I will not want and would rather put that money towards a separate and dedicated platform for this task (ZTM...).

Now my next problem will be does the recent failed bailout affect the programs of Kubota financing:confused:

Thanks again!

~jim