Trading in a tractor

/ Trading in a tractor #1  

Gwpa344

Tractor
TYM T394
Has anyone ran into the issue of dealers not accepting trades on certain brands of tractors? I have contacted two dealers and neither would accept a trade of a TYM tractor.

/ Trading in a tractor #2  
Is it a T394 with cab or ROPS? In todays hot market I'd say clean it up and advertise it privately. You'd sell it within the week, well it would also help if we'd known your geographical location etc etc. The T394 come with the Yanmar 3C88 engine, here is a link to sales adds on Tractorhouse

Last edited:
   / Trading in a tractor #3  
Mahindra sells alot of rebranded TYM so they should take it? I think yours is a mahindra 4010, tell the sales guy there that's what your tractor is and they will know what it is atleast. Probably they will give you some story about it being worth less than a 4010, but that's the stealership game!
I'm sure the local green dealer or other orange dealer wouldn't give me a fair value for my tractor either, if they take it at all, but that's part of the deal with trying to trade competitors tractors at most dealers

/ Trading in a tractor #4  
I would try to sell it on the open market also.

Demand is still pretty high around here.

/ Trading in a tractor #5  
Years ago when I upgraded my tractor I traded it in. I remember that I had to convince him to take the trade. He had a bunch of older stuff laying around on his lot. It was a family business; nice guy. I gave him lots of business.

Agree with the posters above though - you would probably come out ahead by listing it on Craigslist or sticking it at the rnd of your driveway with a for sale sign on it. That’s what I plan to do when it’s time to get rid of my remaining stuff.

/ Trading in a tractor #6  
Just give the tractor good cleaning tighten up and leak,you be surprised how quickly who comes knocking on your door

/ Trading in a tractor #7  
When I was shopping last month my local dealer said he would take my tractor I bought from him on trade but he wouldn't give me much of anything for it :oops:
Needles to say I bought privately and I'll sell privately.

/ Trading in a tractor
It's a Cab model with Del Morino 72" finish mower and a 7' sno way plow with third function. I live in Northwestern Pennsylvania and one dealer was in western New York and the other dealer was outside of Pittsburgh. Both were Yanmar dealers. Thank you guys for the feedback.

/ Trading in a tractor #9  
I have been in many tractor dealerships over the years and none have been what i would consider friendly or very helpful, When it comes to trading they are just like car dealers, My son took his 2009 chevy avalanche Ltz with 140,ooo miles in to look at a new truck , They offered him 3500, He laughed and left , Lots of crooks out there.

/ Trading in a tractor #10  
I advertised my cub cadet for sale last yr ,guy showed up with truck and trailer and cash in hand, Was happy to get it,