Trailer advice

/ Trailer advice
you on a rig in the Gulf? My nephew and a couple of other guys do the same. 30 on 30 off.

FWIW- can't have long enough trailer.
Naw, pretty close though, on a towboat on the lower mississippi river.

/ Trailer advice #22  
8 k axles would be a thought for later down the road,flip up ramps dont bother much now,but might when I get older. I think a deck on the neck would be something I would want,toolbox for chains,binders and ratchet straps. More than likely a 12 or 16 k warn winch on it also.I agree that you need to get what you want or need the first time. Trailers are expensive. I want to get it right the first time. That is why I asked on here for opinions. By the way, looking at 3 paticular brands, Rice,Big Tex, or PJ. Rice is 45 min. up the road from me and they do custom builds. THANKS LUTT
I've had both PJ and Big Tex. I would certainly take a close look underneath. My Big Tex did not have any paint prep under the deck and the bare iron was very prone to rusting. The unprotected wires were guided along the frame using washers. The boards they used were the worst twisted boards I ever had on a trailer. If they had only taken the time to do some quality control, it could have been a nice trailer. They don't paint the trailer until after it's assembled with decking... that leaves the underside unprotected.

The PJ on the other hand was well prepped and I was very satisfied with the quality by contrast. My Big Tex was a 2008 model. Perhaps they've improved, but I'd certainly take a close look.

/ Trailer advice
I've had both PJ and Big Tex. I would certainly take a close look underneath. My Big Tex did not have any paint prep under the deck and the bare iron was very prone to rusting. The unprotected wires were guided along the frame using washers. The boards they used were the worst twisted boards I ever had on a trailer. If they had only taken the time to do some quality control, it could have been a nice trailer. They don't paint the trailer until after it's assembled with decking... that leaves the underside unprotected.

The PJ on the other hand was well prepped and I was very satisfied with the quality by contrast. My Big Tex was a 2008 model. Perhaps they've improved, but I'd certainly take a close look.

Thanks, I have not looked at a Big Tex anything. The captain on the vessel I work on bought one of there dump trailers and was pleased with it. I have only looked at PJ dump trailers and liked the way they looked,there fit and finish was nice. Both dealers are about 2.5 hrs from where I live, which is at Little Rock. I thankyou for the advice,def will look closely. THANKS LUTT