Trailer Brake Controller Help.

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help. #41  
someone posted that that brake controller randomly runs some sort of religous message across the led display a la marquee style.

I've never seen one.. so can't verify that.. just reposting what I read someone else type.. etc.

soundguy

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help. #42  
someone posted that that brake controller randomly runs some sort of religous message across the led display a la marquee style.

I've never seen one.. so can't verify that.. just reposting what I read someone else type.. etc.

soundguy

Hi Chris, yep, now I remember that post early in the thread. Thanks.

EDIT: It's still irrelevant to whether the controller is good or bad. :)

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help. #43  
I was the one with the Brakesmart. You can turn off the quotations easily. I did surprise me seeing the option though.

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help.
Maybe it says a Hail Mary for you if you suddenly apply full brakes like when a deer jumps out in the road, on a downhill curve with a full load? Might as well take advantage of all available resources. Every little bit helps right? If HE can't stop you, who can?;)

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help. #45  
What's this have to do with brake controllers? :confused:

It is a driving distraction, hence a safety hazard,
If I could spell proselytizing (I think that is close) I object to that too.
Just not something I need when hauling.

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help.
It is a driving distraction, hence a safety hazard,

And by that logic a GPS, CD player, radio, CB etc etc are also safety hazards. I think not wanting to see a religious message is fine, but no one needs to justify being easily offended by claiming its dangerous.

If I could spell proselytizing (I think that is close) I object to that too.
Just not something I need when hauling.

And just to clarify, every statement of religion is not an attempt to proselytize. There are religions that have no interest in your soul or mine. :D

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help. #47  
And by that logic a GPS, CD player, radio, CB etc etc are also safety hazards. I think not wanting to see a religious message is fine, but no one needs to justify being easily offended by claiming its dangerous.

And just to clarify, every statement of religion is not an attempt to proselytize. There are religions that have no interest in your soul or mine. :D

I didn't see anyone claiming to be offended.
The displays and distractions I choose are enough, I want/need no more.
The purpose of the messages doesn't interest me, I just want to not see them while I am driving.
I also don't want to buy products from companies that do a few other things that I disagree with, I just want to not support them.
My truck, my choice of electronic sound, my choice of displays, etc.

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help. #48  
For what it's worth, I had the 'experience' of my Wife's new (1/2 mile new!) horse trailer separating from the truck. It was my fault, as I had attached the ball carrier -- or so I thought -- with the trailer hitch too close to easily see the patently obvious error I made. As soon as I looked at the trailer tongue sitting on the ground with the ball carrier firmly in its grasp I knew what had happened. Happy the chains kept it with the truck. Ooops.

Attach you trailer breakaway cable to something more solid than a removable/pinned ball carrier. You never know when it's your turn to make a mistake (or in the case of my Wife, someone elses error).

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help. #49  
Oh, waiting for the opportunity to install the Maxbrake controller. Simple install, as it came with a short section of brake line and the 't' adapter. I went for simple, reliable, no brainer. Personally, I don't understand why they ever went away from the older units where all systems 't'd into the brake circuit.

/ Trailer Brake Controller Help. #50  
Maybe it was because an improper splice in the brake line for the pressure sensor could cause all your braking to fail including your trailer brakes. If they didnt sense any pressure due to the tee splice blowing, they also wouldnt work would they? Personally I wouldnt want to put a splice in my trucks brake lines. If you can fly an fighter plane with nothing but wire connections to servos, then they should be able to make a simple electric braking device to sense decelleration and apply an ample amount of voltage to the brakes.