Trailer Coupler issue, any tips or tricks?

/ Trailer Coupler issue, any tips or tricks? #21  
Bulldog hitch..very strong. They tended to get stuck, either closed or open. Road salt and water cause it.
Keep them oiled. I carry a screw driver to reach under and pry the hitch open, and made a wooden handle to
help open the collar lever. You will find it is a very strong and useful hitch.

/ Trailer Coupler issue, any tips or tricks? #22  
I'm looking into it to see if we can add a flush type grease zerk in the nose or just a needle hole for a needle grease point. I think a lot of these are produced overseas (cast components) in existing tooling so it may be difficult to push a change like this through. I wonder if there is a way to disassemble the nose and grease it or add a grease point to it...

/ Trailer Coupler issue, any tips or tricks? #23  
just for future reference pb blaster oil does wonders. about a thousand times better than wd40

/ Trailer Coupler issue, any tips or tricks? #24  
I,ve towed horse trailers for 40+ years. Had one come unhitched once on a rough road with the lift tab style hitch. Not fun. I converted to a bull dog hitch and never lost one since.
When I unhitch, it just takes a couple taps with one of the safety chain hooks and the sleeve moves back. It may be a bit of a hassle, but it is a very strong hitch.