Trailer for Polaris Ranger?

/ Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #1  

Brokermike

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555, Ford 4610, New Holland T4040
I just picked up a 2002 Polaris Ranger with 338 hours for 3500. It's in great shape and will be super useful around the house and for deer season. The dilemna I have is what to buy to haul it around in that will also be useful for other things. Has anyone ever tried to squeeze one into a 5x8 dump trailer?

I'm open to any suggestions people might have. i will be towing it with a Silverado 1500 so I'm only limited by the capacity there.

Thanks

/ Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #2  
Looking at the specs for an 09 Ranger 4x4, it's 60" wide and 113" long with a 76" wheelbase. I'm pretty sure if you're planning to haul it regularly you'll want at least a 6x10 trailer, maybe a 6x12. Depending how high the sides are on that 5x8 dump, it probably won't fit.

I once hauled a 6x4 Gator on a 5x10 trailer, and it completely filled it up. The tires really rubbed the side rails driving it on and off, and with it pulled all the way forward almost against the front rail, there were only 6-8 inches at the back with the gate up. The Gator measured 60"x109" and it would not have fit on a 5x8 with sides.

/ Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #3  
I haul my Kawasaki Teryx on a 6x12 with mesh tailgate. I don't think it would fit on a 6x10 unless it was a tilt or ramp trailer.

/ Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #4  
I couldn't find a trailer to suit my needs so I built one. I wanted it 6' x 14', tilting, no side rails so I could load pallets on the front and back with a forklift, and with stake pockets all around. It's got a torsion axle and plenty of tie down options. I even stuck a shock absorber between the frame and tongue so it doesn't slam down so hard when you tip it.

Attachments

• 7-21-08 download 009.jpg
    7-21-08 download 009.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1,790
   / Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #5  
I have a 5x10 and my RTV500 Just barely fits on it...Inches on each side and maybe 8" in the rear...I have a full rear gate and 18" high solid steel sides though. I would think a Ranger would be a tough fit on mine, if not impossible.

/ Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #6  
You need a 6x12. 5 won't do it for sure, you'll rip some plastic off.

--->Paul

/ Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #7  
I couldn't find a trailer to suit my needs so I built one. I wanted it 6' x 14', tilting, no side rails so I could load pallets on the front and back with a forklift, and with stake pockets all around. It's got a torsion axle and plenty of tie down options. I even stuck a shock absorber between the frame and tongue so it doesn't slam down so hard when you tip it.

Nice cab and trailer. Mind sharin where you got that front attachment system?

Kyle

/ Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #8  
Just hauled my Ranger 6x6 to the farm today. I have a Felling FT-3 6 x 10 trailer. It takes up almost all the space. My 1500 Chev Suburban handles it nicely.

OrangeGuy

/ Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #9  
Personally, I perfer a tandem trailer >>>
I use the 6 X 16 for the RTV 900. One reason for being longer, for I have fittied two strong boxes, lockable on the front, to carry and secure other smaller goods like straps, chains, etc >>>>
Also, I welded a 4" cargo strap on the trailer, so I can BACK my RTV on. Reason for backing on trailer is to protect the glass windshield. The strap goes over the trailer hitch on the back of the utility vehicle, and secures very well.
I slide my loading ramps under my machine when traveling and they will not go out the back for it has a small, drop in style tailgate. I'll see if I can find some pictures of the trailer with the strap set-up and boxes installed ....
With the tandem trailer, pulling is so much easier and you don't have all that squirrelly zagging running down the road like you do with the single axles .
When not hauling, the 4" straps hold down laoding ramps.
I've hauled zillion on things with this trailer, useing the strap system I have, it's safe, fast, and always easy.
You can never be to safe ....

Ok, have the picture attached, click on picture to enlarge

........ two guns

Attachments

• RTV Trailer 2.jpg
    RTV Trailer 2.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 1,149
Last edited:
   / Trailer for Polaris Ranger? #10  
With the tandem trailer, pulling is so much easier and you don't have all that squirrelly zagging running down the road like you do with the single axles .
You can never be to safe ....

I fully agree with that....Gotta get me one now.