Trailer Ramps

/ Trailer Ramps #1  

1990F-150

Tractor
2023 LS MT240HE. JD S240. Honda Pioneer 520. Ford 8n. Ford 9n
I’m currently shopping for ramps on my new trailer, and I’m wondering how long I need. Right now I’m looking at 4 foot ramps, but I’m not sure that there long enough. I will be driving a 40 horsepower tractor with a six foot mower on the trailer.

/ Trailer Ramps #2  
The trailers I have had all had 5' ramps.

/ Trailer Ramps
It’s a dovetail, so it’s only 15 inches off the ground in the back.

/ Trailer Ramps #5  
At 15 inch high over a 4ft ramp it gives you a 17.5 degree angle from the ground to the ramps at 5ft you would have 14 degrees...

is it a 3 point mower or a drive over mower ?

/ Trailer Ramps #6  
I would do at least 5ft.. 6ft would be flatter, but 5ft is very common and easy to find.

/ Trailer Ramps #7  
Getting a tractor on/off the trailer is where you are most at risk of a turnover. Besides being long and strong enough, you want to be sure the ramps are wide enough and can't allow the ramps to skate out from under you. My ramps have drop legs to also help with weight transfer from the ramps to the trailer bed when loading or unloading.

/ Trailer Ramps
At 15 inch high over a 4ft ramp it gives you a 17.5 degree angle from the ground to the ramps at 5ft you would have 14 degrees...

is it a 3 point mower or a drive over mower ?

Thanks for the help. It’s a three point mower

/ Trailer Ramps #9  
Thanks for the help. It’s a three point mower

you can always crank the 3 point link arm adjustment to get gain clearance at the rear of the mower ... If you give me your wheel spacing Front to rear, length from center of rear wheel to end of mower and the heights your 3 point can lift the mower I can check what length of ramp you would need.

Last edited:
   / Trailer Ramps #10  
I made 8 ft ramps for mine and my trailer bed is about 28" high.