Trailer spare tire stake pocket carrier

/ Trailer spare tire stake pocket carrier
Only thing I can add SmokeyDog, is your didn't put a fender on it!! Course, you could have used black paint instead of the color you used. However, if the trailer had been blue then I could understand why you would want to use Orange.
David from jax
Live in the heart of Big Orange County! Uniqueness tends to reduce thievery? I don’t have the experience to know.

/ Trailer spare tire stake pocket carrier #12  
Live in the heart of Big Orange County! Uniqueness tends to reduce thievery? I don’t have the experience to know.
The Blue and Orange comment was for the Florida Gators.
I built a single axle trailer, added to it, modified it and then after a few years gave it to my brother in trade for something. It got stolen from his driveway, and 3 months later he saw it going down the road, flagged the guy over, blocked him in and called the police. Police asked for identifying characteristics of it to I.D. it so he had them call me. I described several odd things that I had done with the trailer, to which their comment was "anybody could have done that". Then my brother asked the police to ask them where they got the bolts that held the wooden sides on, and they said "home depot"! My brother had the police pull up home depot's website and those bolts couldn't be found. My brother walked over to his pickup, and grabbed half a box full of those bolts, and showed them to him with the explanation that he rebuilt shopping carts for several large chains, and these bolts were shopping cart axles that were replaced when they were modified to stay on the property of the grocery store. The policeman gave the guy a chance to drop the trailer and drive away or go to jail.
The trailer was dropped, but I would have pressed charges if it had been mine.
David from jax

/ Trailer spare tire stake pocket carrier
Anything that makes your trailer or tractor unique should help deter thieves. Or in your case help with recovery. Easy to spray paint your name underneath or business card tucked away in battery box or grease cap.

/ Trailer spare tire stake pocket carrier #14  
I have several sets of number stamps, and tend to put the last 4 of my social in a very discreet place on the frame. Same place every time, so there is a pattern. It was there on the one that got stolen from my brother but required laying on the ground to see it because another piece had been added that made the line of sight change. We would have probably used that via photo had the police officer hadn't already ruled our way.
David from jax