Trailer Tire Failure - Not a good way tho start the weekend

/ Trailer Tire Failure - Not a good way tho start the weekend #71  
Have a look at PMC Tire out of Sherbrooke. Particularly for snow tires.

Amazing service.

Pmctire.com

Thanks for the tip Tim. Tirerack has a good rep, but with the Canuck buck where it is a domestic source may be a better deal.

Rgds, D.

/ Trailer Tire Failure - Not a good way tho start the weekend #72  
I was pulling with my Chevy 2500HD Diesel that weighs about 8000lbs and when the tire went I actually thought I had hit something in the road, kinda a hard bump and a pull to the left, also allot of noise, looking in the mirror, I could see rubber flying everywhere and the vehicles in the passing lane swerving over to the left side. I never felt I had lost control of the trailer and was able safely slow down and move to the side of the interstate.

You are dead on concerning the weight, my two skis full of fuel and gear are just shy of 2,000lbs, I looked up the specifications yesterday and my trailer weighs only 500lbs so like you I am well below the tires rating so honestly I am not sure why the tire failed. Maybe I did hit something in the road or maybe the tire just failed. I checked the date and they are 6 years old not 5.

I am going to buy two new Greenball tires but still unsure if I am staying with radial or going back to bias. Have found allot of disagreement on the web concerning pro's and cons. What is the TBN consensus? Do radials have less or more sway than bias? Due to my fender height I am going to have to stay with 13" wheels and I MAY pull the trailer 2,000 miles a year.
Your right down the road from me. And even closer to my office. so hey neighbor