Trailer without stake pockets

/ Trailer without stake pockets #21  
I would cut those off of the trailer and weld on beefy do rings

/ Trailer without stake pockets #22  
Get Lawrimore to give you in writing what the WLL of those tie downs are.

Just because people sell something doesn't mean it is the right tool for the job. More often than not when things are sold in a package like that they cut corners wherever possible to get the price as low as possible and then they can plaster the billboards and radio ads with what all you can get for only $xxxxxx.

For example if you package came with a shredder I am sure the shredder is an entry level no frills light duty shredder and not a heavy duty more expensive unit. Just like the trailer all shredders are not made equal.

/ Trailer without stake pockets #23  
There's nothing wrong with those tie-downs as long as they're used to tie down an appropriate thing. If you need something heavier duty add them; don't just wring your hands. What size tractor are you hauling anyway?

/ Trailer without stake pockets
Get Lawrimore to give you in writing what the WLL of those tie downs are.

Just because people sell something doesn't mean it is the right tool for the job. More often than not when things are sold in a package like that they cut corners wherever possible to get the price as low as possible and then they can plaster the billboards and radio ads with what all you can get for only $xxxxxx.

For example if you package came with a shredder I am sure the shredder is an entry level no frills light duty shredder and not a heavy duty more expensive unit. Just like the trailer all shredders are not made equal.

Actually the shredder i got is a medium duty 90 hp gear box with slip clutch. Also got the HD box blade and the all channel HD set of disk looks like the only no frills light duty thing I got was a trailer. I did not search to find the absolute cheapest poorly made stuff i could find I am more of a pay a little more and buy quality stuff the first time.

There's nothing wrong with those tie-downs as long as they're used to tie down an appropriate thing. If you need something heavier duty add them; don't just wring your hands. What size tractor are you hauling anyway?

I have a Mahindra 2538 with a FEL.

/ Trailer without stake pockets #26  
You can get bolt on d-rings and bolt them through the front, mid-sides, and rear-sides of the trailer frame rails with through bolts and a backing plate.. Would be much better than you have now. Using a through bushing for the bolts tack welded in would be even better.

/ Trailer without stake pockets #27  
Actually the shredder i got is a medium duty 90 hp gear box with slip clutch. Also got the HD box blade and the all channel HD set of disk looks like the only no frills light duty thing I got was a trailer. I did not search to find the absolute cheapest poorly made stuff i could find I am more of a pay a little more and buy quality stuff the first time.

Sounds like you got good implements but they did skimp on the trailer. I would just research and find some better tie down points to attach to the trailer. If not comfortable doing it yourself take it to a local welding shop and have them fix it up. Then just keep an eye on the crossmembers for signs of fatigue. I have seen angle iron crossmembers bent from heavy loads. Never seen one break but it certainly possible.

/ Trailer without stake pockets #28  
See most people on here strapping tractor down using stake pockets. I have am 18' trailer that has rails and no stake pockets. I came new with 6 tie down points not really a d-rings more like a piece of steel bent in a triangle and welded to the rail. 2 on front corners 2 on rear corners and 2 just in front of wheel well. They just seem like they would not be as strong as stake holders but maybe they are. I would guess they would be rated to at least hold the weight of what the trailer is rated for. For other people that have trailers like this have you ever had any issues chaining or strapping down to these.

I have never seen to many tie down points :) Have rub rails and pockets welded on. Not just the sides, front and perhaps even the back. The pockets shown are just right for 2 X 4 stakes. You may need a bar or stop under them to keep the stakes from falling thru, not sure how you're Trailor is built. The round pipe spacer idea lets chains or straps slide easy and not have sharp edges to deal with if needed. The stake pockets are also big enough to allow strap ends to pass thru and be hooked back up. Straps and chains hooked up as shown will still not come loose if slack in the line happens. Hooking under a rail allows them to fall loose. Rail height is important. If the metal strap for the rail is to narrow then it does not allow the strap or chains to wrap around nicely. IMG_6820.JPGIMG_6821.JPG

/ Trailer without stake pockets #29  
Those pipes in the rub rail are chain spoils and are the best place to hook a chain if using one.

I called Lawrimore today and they said they were rated to 5,000lbs. Not sure I buy off on that but that is what the lady I talk to said.