Tram issue on 422

/ Tram issue on 422 #22  
Don't people test things that they rebuild to see if it works.

I know they can test these hyd things, so why not provide a certificate that the pump was tested and works fine. All this BS about I think it will work, etc.

You have to wonder if the hyd tech that rebuild cyl, valves, motors actually test them after completion.

Here it is, and I hope it works. If it don't, that is another $60 to test it. It really does look good.

/ Tram issue on 422
Well it looks like they do not test. Terry called today and they tore my pump down again and found it was missing a check valve. That was why I only had motion in one direction, a missing check valve.

/ Tram issue on 422 #24  
Well Terry called with the results of my tram pump post mortem. Seems that a spec of something got in the closed loop system of the tram circuit and scratched a plate in the pump. It is all fixed, boxed up, and hopefully on the way back to me. I have no real idea of what they changed in the pump bug all I really know is it cost a grand to fix. Ouch! I love my PT so I would have paid more to get her back running. I just hope she stays fixed for a long time.

WOW! How much does a new pump cost?

/ Tram issue on 422 #25  
Well it looks like they do not test. Terry called today and they tore my pump down again and found it was missing a check valve. That was why I only had motion in one direction, a missing check valve.
They test, it's just that you're incorporated into the test bed without your knowledge.

Glad your issues are getting sorted though.

/ Tram issue on 422 #26  
So the additional run around cost you what, $40 for shipping and 4 hrs of work?

Look on the bright side: at least you are getting good at swapping pumps out. :thumbdown:

/ Tram issue on 422
I consider myself a pro at pump pulling. Start to finish in less than an hour.

/ Tram issue on 422 #28  
It is strange that all of a sudden you are missing a check valve.

Have you not been running your machine at all, and has the check valve been missing all this time?

Just curious.

I think there is some other problem they do not want disclosed.

/ Tram issue on 422
JJ I am sure the check was in the pump when I sent it for repair the first time. Terry told me they had to change a spring in the block or something that houses all the directional components. The pump was just not put back together correctly.

/ Tram issue on 422
At last, pump got back yesterday and I installed it today. Everything seems fine. Only took 55 min to install it. I consider myself a tram pump pulling pro!