Tranny Filter

/ Tranny Filter #1  

theboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HST
A yucky messy and plum nasty job, but sure glad I did it.
First I took off the strainer and cleaned it off with the pouring tranny fluid from where the strainer came from. The strainer had some metal debris on it so I'm glad I followed the manual.
So, then I reinstalled the strainer (STUPID ME), but had to remove it to change the transmission filter (just as the manual says you have to do).
I did remove the tire to make the job easier and used nearly 2.5 gallons of hydro fluid to fill the case back up.
MESSY, yucky and nasty.

I did find out my rear tires are not loaded! The dealer had told me they filled all tires, but I guess they forgot mine, but I know they'll take care of the situation as soon as I let them know.

/ Tranny Filter
A reply to myself. I must be lonely.
Okay the B7500 is off to the shop tomorrow. The dealer says they goofed and must have got really busy and forgot to load the tires, they load all tires on tractors with a FEL. I did buy in June of 2001 so it's busy season.
They are gonna repair a leaky hydro hose(s) on my FEL. My brother says it's more than like a bad or loose fitting and not a big deal, just messy. I haven't ever noticed it not working correctly and I've moved lots of dirt and dug lots of dirt upon the hillside.
I'm sooooooo tempted in getting me a tiller, I want one soooo bad but the $1,000 could be used elsewhere..and I want box blade too. I'm thinking about it way too much. Sweet has offered the best deals, and TSC offer me a KK II 48" for 999.99. Maybe I will, maybe I won't but it's off to NC to work the next couple of days after dropping off my 'Bota.

/ Tranny Filter #3  
MESSY, YUCKY, and NASTY all in the same post and you are refering to tractor time, no way, doing the simple maintenance as changing fluids and such is half the fun of owning a "tractor" and it also lets you know what your machine is doing and what you are doing to your machine a little greasy time is a good thing certainly not messy, yucky or deffinately not nasty. Tim

/ Tranny Filter #4  
Bo,

My tires are filled. I was wondering how important it was to take it (them) off when changing the tranny filters. I am not looking forward to man-handling those things.

/ Tranny Filter
I not only suggest, but I think it's mandatory to take off the rear tire. You are only changing one filter but you must remove the strainer to do so and that's a mess that is gonna happen.
To man handle (or woman handle the tire) just let the tire barely clear the ground, wiggle off and wiggle back on.

With the tire off you have a lot of room to work, otherwise it's a messy mess in tight quarters. HAVE a bucket to catch the tranny fluid. I acutally used the fluid pouring from the tranny to wipe the debis off the strainer.
REMEMBER to have blocks under your tractor and never trust a jack to hold!