trans/shifting problem with 240D

/ trans/shifting problem with 240D
Ok, thanks guys, its a piece of cake, roll pin drives down into the shaft for clearance and then the shaft pops out. clever design. after you slide the shaft out you just pop the pin out, reposition the shaft, and then put the pin back in flush. I have never seen a blind roll pin design!! But it works great.
Thanks again guys, as long as Hoye has got the fork I think I can handle it from here:)

/ trans/shifting problem with 240D #12  
If a fork is no longer available, you can manufacture one. You will need the original and the missing piece (which probably fell to the bottom and slid to a convenient place). Just copy the original casting with weldments. Steel will work as well as cast.

Important tolerances are the shaft bore, width, centre of shaft bore to fork length and drilling for the roll pin. This is a very easy piece to make if needed.

/ trans/shifting problem with 240D #13  
svcguy said:
If a fork is no longer available, you can manufacture one.
Thankfully this is a common model when you include it's Japan-market twin. (YM2000). This shouldn't be any harder than finding the same part for, say, a VW bug. It may take a little bit of calling around.

Yanmar USA should have the part or else one of the import sellers here is near certain to have a parts tractor. Worse case there are plenty of parts in the boneyards in Japan and a few import dealers have the contacts to reach those.