Transaxle Fluid

/ Transaxle Fluid #11  
I hate it when a manufacturer doesn't spec oils then expects you to pay a ridiculous price for their "proprietary fluid." I bought a new Harley-Davidson bagger I was told by the dealer to only use the Harley-Davidson brand oils. The way they described it it was a special oil that you could only get from them that came from a special oil well that pumped crude formed from badass T-Rex dinosaurs and added 20hp
Your initial problem was you bought an over priced bike with caveman technology and then succumbed to some salesman's song about HD oil.

Can I sell you the Brooklyn Bridge?

/ Transaxle Fluid #12  
The reason why I use it is because it's one of the fluids that BCS lists as acceptable. And the only one that was available nearby.
Candidly, I don't care if you urinate in the transaxle, it's yours and the sole responsibility for it's longevity or failure lies solely with you and you alone. One thing I never 'cheap out' on is lubricants. You always (or in most cases) get what you pay for.

/ Transaxle Fluid #13  
Anything but the cheap Traveller fluid will work. That Traveller stuff is bad ju-ju.
You may do well to put your biases aside. Accredited labs such as Blackstone has analyzed new and used Travelers Products many times and declared them to be a good oil.

I am in no way implying that they are a Kubota SUDT oil, but if they meet spec for your piece of equipment, it will do no harm in using it.

/ Transaxle Fluid #14  
Go to the Hydrogear site and look up BDU 10 it will give you the correct info
Tracter

/ Transaxle Fluid #15  
I've been using 15-40 motor oil in my 2544 transaxle for about 5 years now and it's working good. (Just to save money from having to use the expensive CC oil.) I use Traveller Universal Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission fluid in my BCS two wheel tractor. I'm thinking this would be good for the CC 2544 transaxle also.

Any thoughts?
I have a 1986 model 1610 that i ran Traveller hy-tran for many years
It has a Peerless transaxle with a Eaton pump
Last spring i pulled the transaxle out and split it open to replace a snapped axle (broke at wheel)
The gears and differential looked like new inside
I refilled with Traveller again