Transmission check

/ Transmission check #1  

Westbilly

Bronze Member
Tractor
2410 HST FEL LA352
How hot should the transmission be when the fluid is checked. Can it be checked after idling for a few minutes, or should it be after a few hours use? When I got the tractor, the oil bubbled out of the check tube, the dealer said air was in the system. Could he have overfilled it? What is the hazard of overfilling. These may seem like stupid questions, but I am a self-admitted worry wart. Besides, I really like this tractor, and I want nothing but the best for it.

2410 FEL LA352

/ Transmission check #2  
Westbilly,

I would just wait until the tractor had cooled down, then pull the transmission dipstick and check the level. If it is overfilled, I suppose it would be no big deal to crack one of the drain plugs part way and drain a little off, but I probably wouldn't worry about it unless it is WAY overfilled. I don't know whether the level rises much when hot (don't think it does) because I only check it when cold, usually before starting the tractor for the first time of the day.

Rob

/ Transmission check
Nevermind--- Kubmech helped me find the source of my problem. I had a plugged breather on top of the tranny.

2410 FEL LA352

/ Transmission check #4  
A good mechanic is invaluable./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg