Transmission clatter?

/ Transmission clatter? #1  

Trumanshepherd

Tractor
Kubota B7500
The hydrostatic tranny on my 2710 seems to make a bit more noise at an idle after the oil is heated up... just kind of a clattering type noise that goes away as soon as I hit the clutch, or press the go pedal a little bit, or throttle up the engine. It's perfectly quiet when I first start the tractor and the oil is cold. I had a B7500 that made the same noise, but it wasn't quite as loud... I'm probably just be paranoid because the tractor is brand new, but I would like to hear what some of the experts have to say about it.

<font color="blue"> By the way... I loved the B7500, and the B2710 is even better... great piece of equipment. </font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Transmission clatter? #2  
If it has a clutch, it must have a throwout bearing. Sounds like a TO bearing to me.

/ Transmission clatter? #3  
I have the same noise from mine, Found out it was the driveshaft to the tranny that was rattling at idle. There is nothing to worry about if this is it. Look under the tractor one time when its running and you will see where the noise is coming from. I think it goes away when it gets hot as the metal expands and takes up some of the built in slop. If this is what you are hearing don't worry and enjoy your new tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Transmission clatter?
Von, you might have misunderstood me... the noise gets LOUDER as the transmission gets hotter. I know which shaft you speak of though... I will crawl under there and listen next time I have the mower deck off. Sometimes pinpointing where a noise like that is coming from can be difficult... vibrations can transfer across all the different parts of the tractor and make it sound as if the noise is coming from somewhere other than where it truly comes from... I'll do my best though.

/ Transmission clatter? #5  
I had the same problem with my 2000 JD 790. After mowing using the mid pto when I would stop at idle it would rattle and sound like I was going up a rollercoaster. The dealer filled the roll bar with foam and this did not fix it. Never did fix it. If I pressed in the clutch it would go away.

Nick