Transmission flush for vintage tractors

/ Transmission flush for vintage tractors #11  
Man your rude!

better than giving out bad info no?

Kerosene and diesel aren't same

i didn't say they were the same.. I said they were near same. #1 is kerosene.. #2 is diesel...

I believe Kerosene has much more lubricity.

you may believe that if you like...

I don't know if you woke on the wrong side of the bed or what, I've never seen your posts be sorude though.!

slept fine... keep on thinking kero has more lube.. and refer back to my first line about bad info.

Thats the advice I was given.

i don't doubt it.

With nearly 4000 posts per year I guess alot of it must be BS!

I wouldn't bet on that one either ;)

have a good day with that hi lube kerosene!!!!

;) :)

Soundguy

PS.. i bet you won't believe the data inthis link either huh?

Kerosene Blended Diesel Fuel - E-Zoil Products, Inc.

/ Transmission flush for vintage tractors #12  
I agree with SG kerosene is considered # 1 grade fuel.

/ Transmission flush for vintage tractors #13  
I was a little off with the ratios. Here's my original source:

You will need to replace the oil. I would not even try to separate it out.

You do not have to strip out the rear axle. If you are going to go that far you need to remove both axle shafts as well so that is a no-no.

In an earlier post I told you about the intake filter at the base of the rear axle housing behind a plate that is held by four bolts. Drain the oil and take this plate off. Clean the filter and let as much gunge as possible drain out. Then replace this and the filter and put in two gallons of clean 30W oil followed by 5 gallons of kerosene. Run the tractor around for 1/2 to 3/4 hour with this mixture then drain it out. You should remove the filter and plate again as any gunge will find its way to the filter.

Then refill with 30W oil.

This was the method that was recommended by Ford Motor Company to dealers who had to clean rear axle housings in the field. Do not use diesel, it has to be kerosene though.

The Fordson Tractor Pages Forum • View topic - hydraulic problems

/ Transmission flush for vintage tractors #14  
kerosene USED to be cheap.. cheaper than diesel.. same with tvo.

that changed drastically.

/ Transmission flush for vintage tractors #15  
ok, but my info wasn't bad. Please don't be rude when you post. When you do you go from sound advice to sounding like an old crotchety guy, pardon the puns.

/ Transmission flush for vintage tractors #16  
Yelbike,
Kerosene, heating oil, diesel, jet fuel, etc, etc, are all basically the same. The engine fuels (diesel, jet A) have an additive package that gives them more lubricity than kerosene, not less.
Short answer: Soundguy gave you solid information, even if you think he was a little harsh about it. We'll send him to sensitivity training and you can take the chip off your shoulder. :D :laughing:

/ Transmission flush for vintage tractors #17  
   / Transmission flush for vintage tractors #18  
ok, but my info wasn't bad. .

...well.. unless you count that hi lube kerosene thing.. ;)

Please don't be rude when you post. When you do you go from sound advice to sounding like an old crotchety guy, pardon the puns.

reminds me of that line from star wars when Pr. Lea called Han Solo a scruffy looking nerf herder, and he retorted with 'who's scruffy looking? '

;) :)

I've been called a smart@ss before.. but I'll take that any day over dumb@ss. :)

PS.. I actually AM a old crotchety guy :) ;) just ask Farmwithjunk

/ Transmission flush for vintage tractors #19  
That's for sissies.. ;) :)

reminds me of that line from star wars when Pr. Lea called Han Solo a scruffy looking nerf herder, and he retorted with 'who's scruffy looking? '
:rotfl:

My favorite Star Wars quote is, "Let the Wookie win." (see my avatar pic) :D

/ Transmission flush for vintage tractors #20  
:rotfl:

My favorite Star Wars quote is, "Let the Wookie win." (see my avatar pic) :D

yep.. good one.

another one is the improvised line when PR lea says she loves han, and he just replies 'i know!'

classic lines!