transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what?

/ transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #21  
Re: transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who\'s using what?

I use a walmart universal Hydraulic and trany oil. it works fine and I change it often. $23 for a 5 gal pail

/ transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #22  

I figured for sure it was a Freightliner. Freightliner specs motor oil in their power steering units. Thomas's are built in Indiania on various chassis just liie a motor home.. I see you have a disposable Caterpillar.

/ transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #23  

I use Kubota UDT. Larry

/ transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #24  

O.K., here's one for you old pro's.

I just reached 10 hrs on my B7510. Tranny oil is a bit low. No leaks, so I guess it may have gone down a bit when the new FEL and blower were both used for the first time.

Nearest Kubota dealer is a couple of hours away. TSC is on my way home from work.

Can I use a bit of the Preimioum UDT from TSC to top this off, or will these two brands not work and play well together? Seems to me we are talking about what sort of additives are used. Is this a totally bad idea?

/ transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #25  

Oops, thats UTF fellas. Not sure what UTD is but I'm sure some of you will let me know that too.

/ transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #26  

LOTS of big earth moveing equipmnet uses motor oil in the hyds and tranny. I can look out the window into our equipment lot and pick out 3 big deer loaders, and some huge 80,000# scraper pans that use sae 30 in their tranny/hyd sump... pretty common.

Keep in mind that motor oil is designed to see a higher working temp than a regular hyd oil... just due to the fact that it is circulating insid ethe galies in the block, anround the combustion chambers.. etc.

If that is what PT specifies.. I wouldn't second guess their engineers... besides.. Like I've always said.. the PT's are closer to 'consumer' level heavy equipment, than to compact tractors.. etc.

Soundguy

/ transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #27  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can I use a bit of the Preimioum UDT from TSC to top this off )</font>

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't mix them. Now if you were changing it that might be another story. You could probably have them ship some out to you.

/ transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #28  

I have been using the coastal hydraulic fluid for my tractors

here is an ad for it this week seems like a good price I think I will go get about 20 gallons tomorrow

charlie

Attachments

• 408393-AAAAa 001.jpg
    408393-AAAAa 001.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 214
   / transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #29  

NH f200, why? Reduces/eliminates hydro squeal when the air temp drops.

/ transmission/Hydraulic fluid. Who's using what? #30  

B7510;
I personally don't like mixing fluids.
In your case at 10 hours I would top off with any UDT Spec oil seeing as you will be replacing it all at the 50 hour initial service (check the manual - I am assuming that all of the Kubota CUT's have a complete fluid change at the initial 50h)