transmission linkage

/ transmission linkage #1  

jckp1966

I have a ct230 bobcat with 100 hrs and the transmission keeps jumping out of low range and is hard to shift. Is there an ajustment or is this an internal problem. I have lubed the shaft with Marvel Mystery Oil. Also the hydro pedel sticks likes crazy. I have to spray every time I use it or it will keep the tractor moving in the forward position. I was wondering if a stronger spring would do the trick, as the service dept says lube it more often. This is a safety hazzard and bobcat is just ignoring the sittuation. I have emailed the factory and get no responce as to the problem. Dealer had it for 3 days fuel gauge not reading right, lazy pedel and or things, nothing was fixed right still the same. Thanks

/ transmission linkage #2  
I have 172 hours on my CT230. I keep the travel pedal lubed with PB Blaster. Seems to work good. I find if you didn't engage the range selector properly it will jump out. When selecting a new range use just a touch of pressure on the travel pedal. You will feel it positively enter the desired range. Hope that helps. Can't help with the dealer...other than find another one.

/ transmission linkage #3  
I have a ct230 bobcat with 100 hrs and the transmission keeps jumping out of low range and is hard to shift. Is there an ajustment or is this an internal problem. I have lubed the shaft with Marvel Mystery Oil. Also the hydro pedel sticks likes crazy. I have to spray every time I use it or it will keep the tractor moving in the forward position. I was wondering if a stronger spring would do the trick, as the service dept says lube it more often. This is a safety hazzard and bobcat is just ignoring the sittuation. I have emailed the factory and get no responce as to the problem. Dealer had it for 3 days fuel gauge not reading right, lazy pedel and or things, nothing was fixed right still the same. Thanks

For the transmission shifting, it would seem to be related to the hydro pedal. I know on mine if it is a little hard to shift, a little forward/backward movement of the hydro pedal does the trick. Although this may just be relieving tension on the drive train. It seems like yours is sticking to the point it does not quite go back to the home position even with manipulation and there is some flow on the tranny making it hard to shift?

Grease my CT230 a pump or two at the zerks about every 10 hours and have had no problems with the hydro linkage despite it living outdoors.

It sounds like your dealer service department ranks up there with my local dealer service department.... A bit in the dark when it comes to tractors.

/ transmission linkage
Thanks for the info. The shift lever is real hard to engauge no matter what you try. But when it gets in it won't stay there only in low range, also the lever doesn't line up with the L-N-M-N-H markings, and the low lever hits the front of the lever slot. Can't see if there is an adjustment to adjust the lever. Thanks Jerry

/ transmission linkage
I checked on the linkage and there seems to be no type of an ajustment. I started the tractor warmed it up drove it today. High and Medium worked fine except the in High the lever was in the neutral slot and tractor moved forward and backward, then shifted the lever in the Medium range but was moving in the neutral range, then tried to move it to the L range and it went to the L marking and tractor didn't move, so put a little pressure on the lever and engauged the clutch a little and the gear started to engauge but puped out, also the lever is hitting the lever slot whigh tells me there is a defect. The lever has never worked right from the begining always had to push hard to get it in L range.

/ transmission linkage #6  
I checked on the linkage and there seems to be no type of an ajustment. I started the tractor warmed it up drove it today. High and Medium worked fine except the in High the lever was in the neutral slot and tractor moved forward and backward, then shifted the lever in the Medium range but was moving in the neutral range, then tried to move it to the L range and it went to the L marking and tractor didn't move, so put a little pressure on the lever and engauged the clutch a little and the gear started to engauge but puped out, also the lever is hitting the lever slot whigh tells me there is a defect. The lever has never worked right from the begining always had to push hard to get it in L range.

Knowing how those levers are hard to push at times I would have to wonder if that lever or linkage is bent. That would explain why it doesn't line up with the markings. It would also be the reason its not going all the way into low range.

If the lever were to be bent, it could have happend before you bought the tractor,by someone not knowing how to shift it and trying to force it.

RE: the fuel gauge not working right, mine started to malfunction after 50 hrs quit working altogether after 80hrs. Brought the tractor to the dealer and they had to replace the sending unit.

/ transmission linkage
I seem to believe the bent shaft is the problem. I also believe there should have been a turn buckle type adjustable linkage like all other vehicles and other equipment have to make up for wear and miss alignment. If they don't seem to fix it I will have to fabricate such a lever. Thanks again

/ transmission linkage #8  
I seem to believe the bent shaft is the problem. I also believe there should have been a turn buckle type adjustable linkage like all other vehicles and other equipment have to make up for wear and miss alignment. If they don't seem to fix it I will have to fabricate such a lever. Thanks again

The reason I shyed away from a Bota B3200 when I was shopping last year was I thought the linkages were all wimpy, and when I found the Bobcats was impressed how much more substantial they were, there are many things that seemed much more heavy duty than on the Botas and JD's