TRANSMISSION

/ TRANSMISSION #11  
Absolutely unintentional. I was trying to associate it all to the 1520. But in re-reading looks like a slight hijack. Oh well if that is the worse thing I do here, forgiveness is easy .:D:D

Last edited:
   / TRANSMISSION #12  
jinman - thanks for clearing my head :D

impdaddy - stop messin' with my head :D:D

Dave.

/ TRANSMISSION
I didn't see any anwers for this question - Most likely, your scrunching is because you are not giving the gearbox enough time as you shift. Other than that, check your clutch free travel adjustment to be sure the clutch is getting completely disengaged.

Congrats on your new tractor!

Dave.

I am giving it enough time to shift. Is it easty to check your clutch free travel adjustment or should i take it to them? and if it is easy how do you do check that?

thanks for your answer
cheers

/ TRANSMISSION #14  
3) shifting---when you are in 2nd gear medium range and you press the cluth to go into 3rd gear should it make minor grinding noise or should the gears go in smoothly?

I am assuming you are in medium range shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear.

Do you get high resistance on the gear shift lever trying to make this shift while sitting still with engine running? If yes, depress the clutch a little and let it out and try again. It might go into gear easily.

If you grind all the time, sitting still, rolling, etc. and you are not trying to force it quickly into gear, something is probably not quite adjusted correctly.

My only suspicion is you have this grinding only on this particular shift 2nd to 3rd. Usually upshifts are much smoother than downshifts. That bothers me.

Your owner's manual should have the clutch adjustment procedure in it under the routine maintenance section. It will tell you how far in the clutch pedal should travel free before you feel the resistance of the throw-out bearing pushing on the clutch release fingers. Work your clutch pedal a few times by hand so you get an idea what this feels like. Engine off, in neutral.

Compare your clutch pedal free travel to the manual specs. If it is off, you should adjust the clutch free travel. How to do that is also in the manual, it isn't difficult.

If the clutch is never fully disengaging, then the trans. gears are always spinning, which could cause a grinding noise. If the clutch is never fully ENGAGING (not enough free travel) it will burn out due to constant slippage, that would be a major expense.

You should be able to check and perform this adjustment, but if you are not comfortable with it, by all means get the dealer to look at it while it is under warranty. Maybe it was never correctly adjusted.

You cannot compare tractor shifting to shifting a manual automobile. It will always be rough in comparison. Your rolling speed while shifting has a lot to do with it since the output shaft of the transmission is always spinning when the tractor is moving. The clutch only disconnects the transmission input shaft from the engine rotation.

Try these things and let us know how it went.

Dave.