Transporting "new to me" hay equipment...

/ Transporting "new to me" hay equipment... #11  
What did you tow it home with? I'm curious is all. How big of a problem was the width?

/ Transporting "new to me" hay equipment... #12  
Farmers are generally exempt from everything but make sure you have an SMV emblem. I've never done it but you can get flashing lights from Harbor Freight or elsewhere for $10. Same for rear flagging for over width--I've never done it but would on a long and strange trip.
Harbor Freight frequently has magnetic tow lights on sale for $10ish. WELL worth slapping a pair on your equipment if it doesn't have lights, that way people can see which way you are turning and when you are stopping.

Aaron Z

/ Transporting "new to me" hay equipment...
What did you tow it home with? I'm curious is all. How big of a problem was the width?

I towed it with my crew cab silverado 1500. As long as I was smooth and easy on the brakes, the swather behaved well. A couple bridges had very narrow shoulders and I had to cross the center quite a bit....a few times i had to wait for oncoming traffic. In general, it went very well.

/ Transporting "new to me" hay equipment... #14  
I towed it with my crew cab silverado 1500. As long as I was smooth and easy on the brakes, the swather behaved well. A couple bridges had very narrow shoulders and I had to cross the center quite a bit....a few times i had to wait for oncoming traffic. In general, it went very well.

Good deal, glad to hear it went well. I just figured that the lack of brakes would make the tongue weight very noticeable if you didn't have smooth stops!