Trash the Dress

/ Trash the Dress #1  

BrokenTrack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractors, Skidders, Bulldozers, Forestry Equipment
I am not sure if anyone has ever heard of this before, but it is a new things brides do. Rather than keep their wedding dresses to sit in a closet, get yellow and be moth eaten, the brides put their dress on one last time and...well...just plain ruin it. The whole time they take photos of the event. It might be in an old factory, in the ocean, or just plain burn it in an old house someplace, but for Katie and I, we had just cleared 12 acres of forest into field with the 850 John Deere Bulldozer (for those that are into such details), and so decided to get down into the mud!

In the end we got about 70 photos or so, but here are a few of them.

Attachments

• 100_1947.JPG
    100_1947.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 323
  • 100_1943.JPG
    100_1943.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 307
  • 100_1963.JPG
    100_1963.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 338
  • 100_1955.JPG
    100_1955.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 358
  • 100_1979.JPG
    100_1979.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 518
  • 100_1984.JPG
    100_1984.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 360
   / Trash the Dress #2  
What would have been a big hoot, is if you had put captions on the pictures. Like the one with her tied to the tree. A couple were self explanatory.

So, how long have you been married?

/ Trash the Dress #3  
Enjoy your art.

/ Trash the Dress #4  
Now that's little different,but I am not going to suggest to my bride to split wood nor dig a ditch in hers. ;)

/ Trash the Dress
Enjoy your art.

We have, and while I am not sure I would call it "art", we do like to do photo shoots. We have done several, her as Little Red Ridinghood and me as the Logger that saves her. We also did some of us dressed up like the 1940's at a local railroad that is a throw back to that era. Our home is designed to look like the 1930's, so she did a photo shoot in our home looking like a woman from the 1930's, and we have done some urban exploring stuff too. A few others too. It is fun, and really is what life is all about: experiences. It is fun to just capture some of that with pictures.

This is us as the Logger and Little Red Ridinghood.

DSCN2078.JPG
DSCN2057.JPG
DSCN2069.JPG

/ Trash the Dress #6  
We have, and while I am not sure I would call it "art", we do like to do photo shoots. We have done several, her as Little Red Ridinghood and me as the Logger that saves her. We also did some of us dressed up like the 1940's at a local railroad that is a throw back to that era. Our home is designed to look like the 1930's, so she did a photo shoot in our home looking like a woman from the 1930's, and we have done some urban exploring stuff too. A few others too. It is fun, and really is what life is all about: experiences. It is fun to just capture some of that with pictures.

This is us as the Logger and Little Red Ridinghood.

View attachment 548223
View attachment 548224
View attachment 548225

They are awesome. I've enjoyed all your photos that have been posted to TBN. Interesting hobby and perfectly composed and captured.

/ Trash the Dress #7  
My D-I-L recently asked for her dress back (been in the closet here for about 10 years). So she can donate it to a lady that is making them into angle outfits for children that have past.

/ Trash the Dress #8  
My D-I-L recently asked for her dress back (been in the closet here for about 10 years). So she can donate it to a lady that is making them into angle outfits for children that have past.

Brokentrak had more fun I do believe, but a couple of my daughters and my new wife have done that also

/ Trash the Dress #9  
I think I would save my wedding dress(if I wore one) to burn in effigy for my divorce.

/ Trash the Dress #10  
Some times new trends tend to be a tad unusual. However - as long as the participants enjoy the events - who is to say otherwise.