tree planter

/ tree planter #11  
I know of at least one person who used the Boy Scouts to plant a tree farm -- by donating $1 a tree for every tree they planted. The Boy Scouts did it as a fund-raiser and it fit right into their environmental focus....

At planting time, the owner ran the "water wagon" and the trees were all hand planted....

/ tree planter #12  
Here is an old post of mine with pics of my tree planter, links to one in the NW and a discussion about planting trees by the acre.
Tree planter pics and discussion

Addendum, the Blueline link needs the end chopped-off ( beyond .com ) but apparently they don't make a planter anymore.
On the attachment picture search for the 'Enlarge' symbol lower right by waving the cursor around.

/ tree planter
That's exactly what I'm talking about! Where in Wisconsin are you?

/ tree planter #14  
You should check with the FSA or Soil and Water offices. Most do rent them at a reasonable rate.

/ tree planter #15  
Right in the center, Marshfield.

/ tree planter #16  
Cord, Here is a Jan '02 discussion about planting trees - about 2/3 down is a long winded version of my experience and lessons learned.
Particulars about planting seedling
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tree planter #17  
Can't comment on how well it works, but I'vee seen idea plans for a simple metal bar that you build and fasten onto ( across) one of the back tire rims. As you drive forward you get a slit every several feet ( tractor dependent). Supposed to be good for planting lots of seedlings - not sure it would work well with the rocks I have /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe someone else has seen it in action.