Tree shear

/ Tree shear #11  
My Brother had a shear that would cut up to 12" trees. I shear that doesn't also have a tree clamp to hold the tree after it's cut is an accident waiting to happen. Very, very dangerous!!!!!

As to running the jaw, tractor size relates to hydraulic flow rate which related to speed at which it will cut. My Brother used it on a Kubota L3240. It was slow. I used it on a Bobcat T300, much faster.

Lastly, a tree shear leaves a disaster behind. Stumps. You can cut them flush with the ground and in a couple years they'll be sticking up high enough to hit with a brush cutter.

I would only suggest a shear on land you never, ever plan to do anything with.

/ Tree shear #12  
Hey Luke, didn’t you buy one of the “Intimidators”.

No, I have a Bradco Jawz tree puller. Certainly have thought about a shear.

Powerstroke,
His name is "Coyotemachine" or something similar. He may also be currently banned?? :confused3:

/ Tree shear #13  
No, I have a Bradco Jawz tree puller. Certainly have thought about a shear.

Powerstroke,
His name is "Coyotemachine" or something similar. He may also be currently banned?? :confused3:

On small trees a puller is the way to go. I can pull 6" Cedars. Other species pull much harder.

/ Tree shear #14  
I bought a Tree / Post puller from Skid Pro about two years ago. It does work very well on small cedars and I’ve yanked out a bunch of cedar fence posts. I’ve also pulled a few yaupons.

https://skidpro.com/skid-steer-attachments/tree-puller/

I’ve used it on my LS XR4046HC and will use it on new LS XR4155HC, which I pick up Thursday. I’ve pulled on some bigger cedars that wanted to lift rear of the LS that has loaded rear tires.

This spring, I’m going to try it on my New Holland TL100A High has 5000+ lb. lift capacity. Breakout force is 6000 lb.

/ Tree shear #16  
   / Tree shear #17  
Lots of good threads on tree pullers on TBN. Fewer on tree shears.

At least for pullers, I think the tractor you put it on makes a bigger difference than what puller you get. The OP hasn't mentioned what machine he's using...

Sounds like it might be a skidsteer?

/ Tree shear
Lots of good threads on tree pullers on TBN. Fewer on tree shears.

At least for pullers, I think the tractor you put it on makes a bigger difference than what puller you get. The OP hasn't mentioned what machine he's using...

Sounds like it might be a skidsteer?
I have a m5400, s160, a b26tlb and looking at a telehandler with skid steer QA at some point in the near future also. The ground is bottom ground that I just want a nice timber on and don't want to mess up the good trees had a Forester come out and give me some advice. And just looking to minimize damage to good trees and the ground along with least amount of manual labor I will try to get some photos of it before I start work on it.
I figured it will take several machines and different attachments and good family time.

/ Tree shear #19  
That Titan shear has a great price, but there doesn't seem to be a hydraulic rotation version available. As I walk around my fields and through the woods visualizing how I might use a shear, I think I'd need to rotate often; doing this manually would be a pain. I priced similar shears, but with hydraulic rotation, from Skid Pro and Quick Attach, but the current weakness of the Canadian dollar made an imported unit a bit too expensive for my budget.

/ Tree shear #20  
I have a m5400, s160, a b26tlb and looking at a telehandler with skid steer QA at some point in the near future also. The ground is bottom ground that I just want a nice timber on and don't want to mess up the good trees had a Forester come out and give me some advice. And just looking to minimize damage to good trees and the ground along with least amount of manual labor I will try to get some photos of it before I start work on it.
I figured it will take several machines and different attachments and good family time.
You mentioned telehandler jogged my memory.

Had this cedar tree cutter on my tractor many years ago:

P6120017.JPG

Sold the tractor, made a 3 point to SSQA adapter for it and put it on the compact telehandler:

Cedar Tree Cutter (7).JPG

So much easier to use out front: :thumbsup:

Cedar Tree Cutter  (1)800lbs.JPG