Tried the snow pusher today

/ Tried the snow pusher today #1  

gstrom99

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 855, John Deere 530R zero turn, Allis Chalmers D17 III, Ford 9N - SOLD, Kubota B1550, Yamaha Timberwolf 250, Husky saws, H & H 10k and Carry-On trailers
I made this 6 foot homemade snow pusher, from a cut down truck plow blade. Only had 3" of snow, but it was real wet stuff, on top of 1/4" frozon rain base.. This is the first real use of it. Worked well and didn't scrape too much gravel up.

image000000.jpg

/ Tried the snow pusher today #2  
Nice workmanship. (y)

/ Tried the snow pusher today #4  
That looks great. I was just eyeing a 8' push box and just cant get my self to spend $2k on such a simple item. Looks like this may be my next build.

/ Tried the snow pusher today
That looks great. I was just eyeing a 8' push box and just cant get my self to spend $2k on such a simple item. Looks like this may be my next build.
Thanks. I found the old, rusty plow blade on CL. Paid $100. It's 72", which looks big on my 855, and pretty heavy. Found the JD brackets online (for like $100). Had the rest of the material on hand. If I need to, I can take it apart, slice and cut 6" off each end, and weld the end pieces back on, then bolt the wings back on. There's a place in MN, that sells them for ~$1300, with the JD bracket.. I made this in Illinois, before I moved to Iowa.