Tropical storm rains

/ Tropical storm rains
They are sayong St. Louis will get between 4 inches and 6 inches of rain over today thru Sunday. I am suprised you got so little in Arkansas.

MoKelly
I checked our rain gauge and it was measuring 1.75" but I think we got more. Lots of it was blowing sideways and I'm not sure the little tube gauges register that right. The ground is pretty soft so most of what we got soaked in, but we did get about a foot rise in the ponds so some run off was evident. Now the large pond is only about 6 feet below full.

/ Tropical storm rains #12  
Pine Bluff probably got more than they bargained for:

/ Tropical storm rains #13  
Do you use Lake Degray campgrounds much. and the fishing is good there.
ken
To tell the truth, I have been here for over 2 years now and only been to the lake one time and didnt catch a thing. Everyone of the locals say it is best around, says it is great fishing. Dont know anything about the camp grounds as it is only 4 miles from my driveway to the boat ramp so I am not likely to be camping out there. It seems that it is always too darned hot of too cold for me. Maybe next spring I will try to find some fish. I really want to go to Lake Ouachita and try out the striper fishing in the spring. A friend went last spring and caught a small 40 lb one. Since I am now retired, maybe I will be able to do some fishing. It always seemed that when working I was out of the country during the spring fishing and always too hot when I got home or too busy with catch up work to bother[/QUOTE]

Gary for 21 years worked for Ark. Power & Light then they became Entergy . Do you know the Degray Lake is a Goverment Lake to supply Generators for peak power. Then use the voltage to supply pumps to refill the lake.
The Lakes near Hot Springs was made by AP&L for there use. But now homes are built around the lakes and so water is restricted for Generation.People come first .
Wife has family near Malvern. You live is a great area of the State.
Our total amount of rain was under 3 inches. But the amount was welcome need more.
ken