Trouble going uphill

/ Trouble going uphill
Thank so for the advice. It is not in too high of a gear. The hill I'm talking about is a very low grade up my driveway. Tractor used to fly up it in high, but now it has to be in low 1. Engine doesn't seem to be struggling. I got a new fuel filter today and am about to put it on. If that doesn't work, figure I will check the clutch.

/ Trouble going uphill #12  
If the filter doesn't work verify fuel lines etc. It's common to have a little chunk of debris in the fuel tank block the flow of fuel into the fuel line.
If it was a clutch you would know it. Between the smell, smoke and sound it would be obvious. No disrespect but as I stated before this is an easy fix 99% of the time. Be methodical in your approach and start with the basics. A clutch is about 50th on the list.

/ Trouble going uphill
I changed the filter and it did nothing. It's acting like it lost every bit of torque that it has. It can't even go over a small bump. If it were fuel, wouldn't I hear the engine spittering? The engine runs fine, it just has no power under even the smallest load.

/ Trouble going uphill
Any advice would be appreciated. This is my first tractor and also my first Diesel engine, so it may be something small I am overlooking

/ Trouble going uphill #15  
Your goal now is to isolate this to either low power in the motor or a drivetrain issue. Do you have a PTO Implement that could crudely test engine power- rotary cutter, roto tiller etc.

Is it manual or HST?

How do the fuel lines and tank look? Typically a diesel that is starved of fuel will idle fine but won't handle any load (like the incline).

Can you raise the back end off the ground to see if the brakes or a brake is dragging?

Air filter?

Those are some of the easy ones.

/ Trouble going uphill #16  
Any advice would be appreciated. This is my first tractor and also my first Diesel engine, so it may be something small I am overlooking

Does the engine rev freely w/o a load? If not you may have an air bubble. May be wise to bleed the entire fuel system. If it's a clutch slipping, then put in 4th on a level service. If the engine responds freely to fuel pedal input but the tractor isn't moving much, you know it's a clutch.

/ Trouble going uphill #17  
Pretty sure the MT750 is the same tractor a a Satoh S750 so it is a gear drive and not a hydrostat. It sounds like a clutch issue to me. You can try the clutch pedal adjustment and see if you get more engagement. You may try putting the tractor under a load ( maybe push slowly against an immovable object like a tree) and see if the tractor stalls or spins the tires or if it bogs slightly and simply wont push with full power. If the latter is the case, it's very likely the clutch.

/ Trouble going uphill
It was the clutch. I bit the bullet and broke the tractor apart. The clutch disk was worn down to metal. Luckily it shares a disk with a John Deere so the part was easy to find. Tractor is back together and running like new. Thanks everyone.