Loader Trouble installing FEL on B2620

/ Trouble installing FEL on B2620 #1  

Evil the Weasel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
All of the sudden, I'm having great difficult installing the loader on my tractor. I have never had a problem before, and the loader has had very limited, and non-abusive use since I got it ~2008. I pull into the loader until it makes contact with both loader mounts on the tractor. As I am slowly dumping the bucket, it "jumps" the hooks that it should rest in and the pins cannot be inserted. It took me about 20 tries a week ago to get it on, and today I gave up after 5 or 6 tries. It's sitting on a level concrete floor so I don't know what is going on. Could the loader arms have gotten tweaked being in a cold pole barn all Winter? It can't be bent. It's hardly been used at all, and lightly at that (mulch, compost, etc).

/ Trouble installing FEL on B2620 #2  
On one of my loaders, it sometimes helps to pull the lever as though you are lifting the bucket. This will extend your arms back a little and give a little better angle for the hooks to grab when you do roll your bucket and lift up. You may have had some leak down while it was setting.

/ Trouble installing FEL on B2620 #3  
I agree with triple are, I move my lever either forwards and backwards to get everything just right, and then right or left to get it lined up just right to get the pins in.

/ Trouble installing FEL on B2620
I have to thank both of you for hitting me with this blinding flash of the obvious. I had it on in 30 seconds using your methods. It just goes to show that the manual doesn't tell you everything you need to know. :thumbsup:

/ Trouble installing FEL on B2620 #5  
Glad it worked out for you. I sure wish things were as easy and simple as they are in the manual; sometimes they are then there is the rest of the time...