Trouble seeing messages

/ Trouble seeing messages #1  

MChalkley

Elite Member
Tractor
EarthForce EF-5 mini-TLB (2001)
Muhammad, I've been experiencing some problems this evening on several different threads. I'll duplicate it with one of them and tell you what happens (I've got a second IE browser window open as I type this).

First, I click on the Diesel Gal/Hr topic in the Kubota Owning forum. That takes me to http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=2123&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5, which in my case shows me the first 50 messages of 55 messages, because that's what my profile is set to show in flat mode. Next, I click on the '2' link to show the second page, and I go to http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=3418&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=2&vc=1, but there are no messages on the page. Next, I back up to the previous page (the one with the first 50 messages on it) and click the 'Show All' link. This takes me to http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=3418&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=all&vc=1, which happens to be a thread titled 'Loader Height Help'. Hit the back arrow again, click on 'Threaded' mode, and I see all the messages, including the one I just posted a few minutes ago. Any ideas?

Mark

/ Trouble seeing messages #2  
Mark,

I am having similar problems in the forum you linked to above. My default is set to 25 messages. There are two additional pages. When I click on either one of them, they are blank pages. Also, when I click on "Show All" it takes me to a different page with 3 messages on it.

Something bolixed up.

Muhammad, time to troubleshoot?

BobT.

A Indiana Boy

/ Trouble seeing messages #3  
Same problem here this morning. Looks like you have something to do today Muhammad. Hope it isn't to good of tractor day up your way./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I have also been logged off, twice this morning, for no reason.

/ Trouble seeing messages #4  
Alright, I'll test and will get this fixed.

msig.gif

/ Trouble seeing messages #5  
I show a new message on diesel gal/hour but cannot see page 2. When put entire thread up, there is no message. Cannot see the new message on threaded either. Some linkage doesn't work quite right. I am also set to 50 messages per page.

/ Trouble seeing messages
Thanks, Muhammad! I'm glad it wasn't just me. I thought maybe I'd spent so much time on the tractor during the past week that I'd forgotten how to use the computer.

Mark

BTW, Muhammad, one of the problems is that the number in the 'Number=' portion of the page 2 link is incorrect. If I put the number from the 'Number=' portion of the first link (2123) in the second link instead of the one that's there (3418), I do get the second page of messages. FWIW.

Mark

/ Trouble seeing messages #8  
Right, that seems to be the problem. I am going to try to get it fixed today along with some other invisible bug fixes, and a couple of new features possibly.

msig.gif

Cool! I'm waiting with baited breath! (I've been eating sardines again...)

Mark

/ Trouble seeing messages #10  
And I complained before about other things only to find the problem was on this end, so I wasn't going to say anything about this one./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird