Troubleshoot a 7 pin snowblower

/ Troubleshoot a 7 pin snowblower #1  

a5t1

Silver Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5600
A friend of mine has a '18 toolcat with an older 72" SB200 snowblower on it. When it's hooked up, auger works but chute won't rotate nor will the hydraulic cylinder operate. I began by checking for 12v at the machine 7pin, which there was. The bobcat CAN bus will send a signal to the control box on the attachment and that control box converts the signal to 12v. I then checked the 4 connectors that come out of the control box (while he was pushing the appropriate buttons in the cab) and control those attachment functions - there was 12v there. So I labeled the connections and everything seemed fine. Tested it and everything was working. He called a day later and say it stopped working again. I'm assuming a bad electrical connection and will troubleshoot in the next day or so. Has anyone else checked ohms in the attachment hardness or experienced intermittent failures from the attachment control box?

/ Troubleshoot a 7 pin snowblower #2  
I can’t help with your specific questions, but when I had a plow on my truck, I frequented a snowplow forum alot, and there were many similar questions whereby the most common solution was that one of the male pins in a connector was missing or bent and not making contact.

Your question kind of reminded me of that, so I’m just passing it along in case it helps…..

/ Troubleshoot a 7 pin snowblower
Appreciate it, all pins looked good - cleaned with electrical cleaner as well. I'll get some photos up the next time I go over there to help.

/ Troubleshoot a 7 pin snowblower #4  
you could have a solenoid going bad or the connection at it, is it always the same function on the blower not working? you could try switching the connectors on the solenoid around and see if it still fails to work and the issue moves to another function

Thanks, it's both the rotate AND the chute height adjustment that doesn't work. But the auger engagement does work.

/ Troubleshoot a 7 pin snowblower #6  
auger is a single valve on and off where the others are 2 way valves, we made up a test light that fits the connector to the solenoids, that way we see a visual of the power going to the valve.

its way easier than the volt meter

Can you post up a picture of it? I was using voltmeter to see if 12v was getting there it was, now it isn't. I think harness, wire or controller on attachment.

/ Troubleshoot a 7 pin snowblower #8  
its at the shop, its a connector that plugs into the harness where the solenoid goes and a 12 volt pigtail for a automotive bulb

/ Troubleshoot a 7 pin snowblower #9  
I went through my service manual looking for anything on the 7-pin and have not found anything yet. Grrr.