Troy-Bilt trimmer keeps stalling

/ Troy-Bilt trimmer keeps stalling #1  

Raindem

Got a brand new Troy-bilt trimmer. Used it once and it worked fine. However, now everytime I go to pull the trigger to increase RPMs it dies. Seems to start and idle OK. Any ideas?

Thanks

/ Troy-Bilt trimmer keeps stalling #2  
Sounds like the carb needs adjusted. I see a lot of trimmers that come from the factory where the carb is set too lean and will not run properly. The bad thing though is you will have to go see your mtd dealer to have him adjust the carb because it required a special tool only available to dealers. yes i know you may find the tool on ebay, but be aware if the EPA is watching the ebay auction the seller and the buyer can both be fined upto $38,000 each.

/ Troy-Bilt trimmer keeps stalling
Hmmm, risk a $38,000 fine for a $99 trimmer. Tough decision.

I've been reading through some other threads where the older trimmers have this problem too, so carburetor issues are probably the cause as you said. But few people are going to spend $$$ for professional service on such a low-cost tool. I would just return mine except the wife threw away the receipt.

/ Troy-Bilt trimmer keeps stalling #4  
Most manufacturers will pay for carb adjustment on new units under warranty.

/ Troy-Bilt trimmer keeps stalling
Most manufacturers will pay for carb adjustment on new units under warranty.

Let's hope so. I sent them an email, we'll see what they say.

/ Troy-Bilt trimmer keeps stalling #6  
I have filed and been paid for carb adjustments on yard machine/troybilt trimmers that were less than 3 weeks old.