Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor?

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor? #11  
The implement on the post website is what I meant. I can't make it out. Just look mean.

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor? #12  
I agree with Roy that any chain is better than none. I don't know about durability (for today's market) because I use an old pair of truck chains and I think they will last longer than anything built today. Of course these are plain chains with out the fancy adjusters (bungees work fine)...but what do you really need for s slow moving tractor? Find a set of older used ones, there are plenty out there.

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor? #13  
I agree on a subcompact go for it, I have a set of old chains from one of my F550s' that I tried out on my x749 with 26 12 12 tires but so far I haven't needed them.

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor?
I contacted Tirechains.com and asked them what the deal was. They said truck chains dont fit on tractor tires, even though they are the same size. Their example was womens size 9 shoes versus mans size 9. I find it strangely odd, but will measure my tire and measure a truck tire of the same size and see where the confusion is. If its the same physical size, there is no reason they wont fit.

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor? #15  
I think the chain is a chain and does not know where it is at. Higher speeds and weight would seem to indicate the truck chain would be required to take the most abuse. Used tire chains for the old 8n fords sell for scrap prices in the Ohio summertime. I have a set cut down to the 24 inch rear tires on the Kubota. Bolt cutters ,the chain repair links( used for log chains), and bungee cords were all that was needed. No problems so far.

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor? #16  
Are the links any larger or heavier on the tractor chains?
All I can think of is a tractor can produce alot of torque but I guess so can a truck. I don't see any problem interchanging both.
Only time I broke a tire chain was spinning. If your going to use a truck chain, I would recommend a diamond shape. My set is from Peerless I think. Amazing chains. I totally exceeded the speed rating on them with no issues. They don't move once properly tensioned. Great wear too.

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor? #17  
It's possible that the cross links are longer on tractor chains. If you measure remember to measure width of the tire.

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor? #18  
I contacted Tirechains.com and asked them what the deal was. They said truck chains dont fit on tractor tires, even though they are the same size. Their example was womens size 9 shoes versus mans size 9. I find it strangely odd, but will measure my tire and measure a truck tire of the same size and see where the confusion is. If its the same physical size, there is no reason they wont fit.

If you find a set of truck chains that fit, use 'em.
I would think tirechains.com folks are knowledgable about their products though.

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor? #19  
I made mine from used truck chains 7 or 8 yrs ago, haven't broken a cross link. Cross links weren't long enough so I cut the cross link into took the cross chain hook off of one end laid the two side by side welded them and still holding today. Average 50 or so hrs a winter and most of the time either on concrete or asphalt and going close to a mile from the house.
Use the truck chains cheaper and will hold up

/ Truck tire chains adequate for a tractor? #20  

Call a local tire shop and get their opinion or email someone else that sell chains and see what they say.

I know that in car tires even though they may be the same size they may vary slightly in height and width but not enough for a difference in chains.

You could also go to the manufacturer of your tractor tires website and get the dimensions and compare them to a truck tires dimensions.