Truck winches

/ Truck winches #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Looking to install a 20K + winch.

Had my sights on a 20-25K Sherpa. Looks like the best you can get, but they are super expensive.
Was looking at these on Amazon.
They claim the motors and larger parts are German/American made. Not a Chinese made winch

Less than half the price of Sherpa.

Here’s the company store. Looks like they have a lot of experience.

/ Truck winches #2  
Factory price is $947, they look good.

/ Truck winches
Wonder what the run time is on a 6HP winch motor before the batteries go dead, the cables get hot, the voltage regulator burns out, or all of the above?

/ Truck winches #4  
Wonder what the run time is on a 6HP winch motor before the batteries go dead, the cables get hot, the voltage regulator burns out, or all of the above?

I think it would depend on what your use is, a lot of use or mostly emergency type stuff.

I have/had winches on all my flat bed trailers, Mile Marker, Smittybuilt, Traveler and a small portable Warn. All economy units, I find I rarely use them, so they work for me.

With the quality/price of what you are looking at, I would think you would need to use them quite a bit.

/ Truck winches #5  
That's a lot cheaper than what I spent on my warm zeon 10k.

450+ amp draw is huge though.

/ Truck winches #6  
If you are looking for high duty cycle I wonder if you could find a way to plumb in a hydraulic winch? That would require a tractor or the dump truck though.

/ Truck winches
If you are looking for high duty cycle I wonder if you could find a way to plumb in a hydraulic winch? That would require a tractor or the dump truck though.
I’d really like that, too.
My RAM already has a PTO on the transmission.
Would need pump, tank, electronic/hydraulic solenoid, winch and a lot of labor.

$$$$$$

My guess would be $5K or north.

Electric so much cheaper, but I don’t know about the electric draw.

/ Truck winches #8  
Hmmm... I'm just thinking out loud, feel free to tell me to stop... I like thinking outside the box. Maybe a 12V hydraulic pump and hydraulic winch would use less power than an electric winch?

/ Truck winches #9  
Oof, I looked at pneumatic winches...

1702308344820.png