Trucked Dead Hauled Hay Anyway

/ Trucked Dead Hauled Hay Anyway #1  

dieselscout80

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA
My 97 GMC K3500 diesel died with +270K miles. I had to haul hay, so the V8 Explorer was pushed into service and it handled it like a champ. Its just 70 bales (50 Lbs each) and the trailer is just under 2,500 lbs for a total of 6,000 lbs grows trailer weight. Explorer Hay Load.jpg

/ Trucked Dead Hauled Hay Anyway #2  
We had an '02 V8 Explorer that towed cars all over the place on heavy trailers. I loved the way it towed. I'm heading up to a dealership to look at an '11 F250 gasser I put a deposit on and I'm looking forward to having a tow rig again.

/ Trucked Dead Hauled Hay Anyway #3  
At least you got your money's worth at 270,000 miles.

/ Trucked Dead Hauled Hay Anyway
At least you got your money's worth at 270,000 miles.

Very true!

I was very happy with that truck.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to fix it or get rid of it.

/ Trucked Dead Hauled Hay Anyway #5  
We had a 03 Mountaineer V8 AWD. It was rated to tow 7,200# and we probably put 10,000 miles on it with 5,500# plus. Great vehicle. Only issue in 128,000 miles was the rear drivers side power windows motor took a dump.

Chris

The Explorer is working out good.
Explorer Log Load.jpg
Explorer Log Load 3.jpg

A load of white oak and there will be at least three more.
Log.jpg

Last edited:
   / Trucked Dead Hauled Hay Anyway #7  
What's with the tow ball on the back of your trailer? What do you tow in a train, your splitter? Just curious how that works for you and what are the rules. Do you actually have a trailer plug on the back of your trailer too, or do you just tow the train part without lights?

Not judging, just curious.

Cheers.

What's with the tow ball on the back of your trailer? What do you tow in a train, your splitter? Just curious how that works for you and what are the rules. Do you actually have a trailer plug on the back of your trailer too, or do you just tow the train part without lights?

Not judging, just curious.

Cheers.

The trailer had it on it when I bought it and it was brand new. I have not used it for towing.

Here the third load of that white oak.

ExplorerLogLoadlastoneweb_zpsmgl55vjo.jpg

Last edited:
   / Trucked Dead Hauled Hay Anyway #9  
I use to tow 2 trailers with race cars on them behind a bronco. It worked out well, legal in Missouri. They towed nicely, just looked a little strange, 30' of trailers behind a short bronco. I had brakes and lights on both trailers.

/ Trucked Dead Hauled Hay Anyway #10  
Supposedly in PA you can pull doubles but there are some stipulations.