Loader True Third Function- factory or do it myself

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself #41  
Try it as it’s hooked up. If correct ..... carry on. If backwards, close the grapple lid, shut off Tractor, turn ignition switch to run (not start) then cycle the grapple buttons a few times. That should relieve pressure from the grapple cylinder and hoses.

Swap the fittings on grapple side. Yeah, you will lose a bit of fluid but, no big deal. If your concerned, check your hydro fluid after you’re done.

Hope this clear?

BTW, both of my grapples and WR Long kits are set up same way. I push on Top side of rocker switch and grapple opens. Bottom side of rocker closes it.

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself
Try it as it’s hooked up. If correct ..... carry on. If backwards, close the grapple lid, shut off Tractor, turn ignition switch to run (not start) then cycle the grapple buttons a few times. That should relieve pressure from the grapple cylinder and hoses.

Swap the fittings on grapple side. Yeah, you will lose a bit of fluid but, no big deal. If your concerned, check your hydro fluid after you’re done.

Hope this clear?

BTW, both of my grapples and WR Long kits are set up same way. I push on Top side of rocker switch and grapple opens. Bottom side of rocker closes it.

Great procedural explanation Rick.
Not everyone knows to relieve the pressure on the solenoids with the motor off key on.

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself #43  
My pleasure.

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself #44  
Thanks everyone..

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself #45  
Great procedural explanation Rick.
Not everyone knows to relieve the pressure on the solenoids with the motor off key on.

ok so not related to OP.... but why should one relieve the pressure with the key on (I understand why motor off ;) ). I generally try to remember to relieve pressure when I put the bucket down at the end of tractor use. I do it with the key completely off.

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself #46  
ok so not related to OP.... but why should one relieve the pressure with the key on (I understand why motor off ). I generally try to remember to relieve pressure when I put the bucket down at the end of tractor use. I do it with the key completely off.

Grapple 3rd function is electrically operated valve.

Cycling buttons with key off does nothing.

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself #48  
Bingo!

We have a video on that subject as well...
Travis

Excellent!

Another thing, if you leave your grapple out in the sun, hooking hoses up can be a treat on a hot day. Mine all get parked under roof on cool side of my shop.