Truth in advertising...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Truth in advertising...? #1  

MessickFarmEqu

I followed a link on a manufactures website and noticed this spec sheet (brand removed so we can try and have a discussion about this rather than creating a flame war). Notice as you go down the list how the models they compare to are constantly changing... however the model I blanked out did not. Unbelievable. Under the attachments they also picked loaders that are the wrong fit for that model. The Kubota L4740 uses the LA854 loader... the LA724 does not even fit. At a glance its so easy to miss these things, but the more you look the more you find. The importance of being an educated consumer seems to grow every day.

(Btw.. said company is not a competitor in my area)

Attachments

• truth.jpg
    truth.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 442
   / Truth in advertising...? #2  
I'm color blind and only see "green" :D

But your point is well taken.

/ Truth in advertising...? #3  
They may have listed the model number of the loader wrong but the specifications that are posted for the loader are still for the LA854. The specs are listed on this PDF on the Kubota site. Obviously this was not an intentional mistake to mislead consumers since the LA724 has even lower specs.

I am sure Kubota never made a mistake like listing the wrong model number in a comparison chart. :rolleyes:

I don't see the point of this post besides trying to put down another manufacturer which is no surprise from you. I am sure anyone can tell which manufacturer is the red one...

/ Truth in advertising...? #4  
I don't think he was dissing anyone's product, but merely pointing out the ad as a poor apples to apples comparison. Anyone not knowing the basics about tractors and equipment could easily be misled whether it was intentional or not. I hope somebody didn't pay big bucks to have that ad put together.

/ Truth in advertising...? #5  
Yeah, I think he was just pointing out "buyer beware". I personally wouldn't pay any attention to comparisons made by any company, red, red, orange, orange, green/yellow, blue, yellow gray.

/ Truth in advertising...? #6  
I see nothing nefarious, just the usual sloppy work I see all the time in many places; tractors or otherwise :)
Dave.

/ Truth in advertising...? #7  
They may have listed the model number of the loader wrong but the specifications that are posted for the loader are still for the LA854. The specs are listed on this PDF on the Kubota site. Obviously this was not an intentional mistake to mislead consumers since the LA724 has even lower specs.

I am sure Kubota never made a mistake like listing the wrong model number in a comparison chart. :rolleyes:

I don't see the point of this post besides trying to put down another manufacturer which is no surprise from you. I am sure anyone can tell which manufacturer is the red one...

I agree with above said.

To me it looks like a copy and paste error. Three out of the four categories have matching model numbers. Not A+ in the advertising QC department for the mysterious "RED" brand.

/ Truth in advertising...? #8  

I also agree with this. In addition, the NH 3050 specs are also accurate and the JD specs are accurate (except I can't find a spec for the 400cx loader). The only issue I see with this chart is incorrect model numbers in several places. Sloppy, Yes. False advertising? Not that I can see. Each product is accurately represented, despite the model numbers.

What was the purpose of the OP again?

/ Truth in advertising...? #9  
Kind of makes me suspect 'bronze member' status has nothing to do with experience?

/ Truth in advertising...? #10  
So this isn't about false advertising? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.