trying to decide

/ trying to decide #11  
Can't comment on the Deere, although a good machine i am sure. I have the bx and it is a fine machine. I would purchase the one I felt the most comfortable with. Dealer support is a big issue for me. Local Deere dealer not very friendly here.

/ trying to decide #12  
Since you haven't given us much to go on, I will give you my unbiased opinion. If you have a wife or girlfriend, have her sit on each tractor and see which one matches her complexion, hair color and eye color best. That is the tractor to go with. In the event that you don't have a wife or girlfriend, then pick the color tractor that doesn't clash with the color of your car or the color of your home. Remember when all else fails, color co-ordination and fashion will always win out over reason and common sense. Don't believe me?.... ask any woman /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know that you want the Kubota, because if you really wanted the JD, you would have asked this question on the JD forum. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif You just want us to validate your good thinking and logic. I approve, and all you need now is the blessing of Henro and Bird and all will be well. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ trying to decide #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know that you want the Kubota, because if you really wanted the JD, you would have asked this question on the JD forum. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)</font>

I think you nailed that one Junkman and I bet if he thinks about it he'll realize it also. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

/ trying to decide
Well I did post on the JD forum but got no answers. I'm leaning towards the bx 23 with backhoe

/ trying to decide #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I guess there is no thoughts on this subject. )</font>

The reason people are relunctant to answer is that you require an opinion and whenever Kubota owners express the opinion that they like their tractors it turns into an anti-import unAmerican Kubota hate thread. It is not PC to like Kubota, you can like JD or Massy Ferg or even Adolf ****** but not a Kubota /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.
My opinion, get the Kubota, pocket the left over money--be happy /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. J

/ trying to decide #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( These 2 subCUT's are pretty comparable. The BX has a little more torque, but the JD has slightly stronger hydraulics. I will say that Kubota significantly underestimates its loader capacity. I've lifted 600 lbs. easily with the FEL on my BX22, though Kubota only rates it at around 460 lbs. )</font>

It's all for safety and warranty purposes. Lift 600 lbs bend a hydro arm, or a frame part (it can happen) and you're SOL on getting it repaired under warranty.

/ trying to decide #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> ( I guess there is no thoughts on this subject. )

The reason people are relunctant to answer is that you require an opinion and whenever Kubota owners express the opinion that they like their tractors it turns into an anti-import unAmerican Kubota hate thread. It is not PC to like Kubota, you can like JD or Massy Ferg or even Adolf ****** but not a Kubota /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.
My opinion, get the Kubota, pocket the left over money--be happy /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. J </font> )</font>

Actually TresCrows I think he was or is just in a big hurry to make his decision so he can get and play with his new tool. Poor guy couldn't even wait a whole hour for a reply.

Andre: The best advice is already out there. The tractors both appear to be good so go with the dealer who talks to you. Answers your questions and generally makes you feel ok with the idea of spending 10 to 12 grand on a tractor.

I like Kubotas. I also like Bratwurst, Tacos, and Osso Bucco. LandRovers, Toyotas and Dodges. But if I can't find any of those then I'll eat a cheeseburger in the back of my Ford. I always say, buy American while you still can /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

/ trying to decide #18  
Andre,

One shortcoming on the BX is the 3PH being a little on the small side for CAT1. I don't know about the 2210.

The BX will work fine on your 2.5 acres. How much would a B7500 be? Would it be in the ballpark with the JD2210 in price? Maybe a little more $.

Depending on your needs, maybe you should price the B7500, compare it to the JD, and then make a decision.

If I were to have only one tractor I would rather have one that had a more standard 3ph on the back so I could buy standard implements. Or borrow from a friend sometimes (I never do, but you never know...).

The BX is a very nice tractor. As a bx owner I am no knockin' it. Since I have another CUT with a more standard 3PH I see the limitations of the BX 3PH each time I hook something up.

If I did not have something to compare to I would not be typing this.

Just a thought... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ trying to decide #19  
I had a similar post a while back. ( 2230/2210 ) I analyzed both these tractors extensively. As for price, I had the dealers $100.00 apart. It came down to the fact the JD does not have a good bagging option for mowing so I ended up purchasing the BX2230. The BX2230 did not have a tachometer so I added the Tiny Tach ( Tach )…problem resolved. Also the Kubota dealer is 4.5 miles from my home and they have a good Service reputation. That should really weigh more on your decision than the price. These tractors are very comparable with each other. You need to drive them and see what you like best. The JD doesn’t have cruise control either if I recall correctly and that will be important if you are mowing large parcels.

/ trying to decide #20  
I have crusie control on the 2410 and never used it--mowed for hours on the BX and it and never missed it.
I also think the dealer thing is over rated. It is good to have an honest dealer but I am not going to buy a lesser product just because the dealer or store is nicer--and that goes for Kubota or JD or whatever. What I am saying is I think--for me--my opinion--I just never see myself on a green tractor. Maybe a red one someday but not a green one so if a green dealer was going to put me on a green unit he would have to really be special and have a really good price and maybe if I was younger and needing a wife a real pretty daughter /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Now that might be a good package deal--otherwise, just give me the 'bota and send me on my way. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. J(biased, opinionated and proud of it)