Trying to find a 3 bottom plow

/ Trying to find a 3 bottom plow #12  
Kebo, I just committed to buying one (sight unseen!!) from an older farmer in Chapin near Lexington. Saw it listed in a classified ad and since I just broke my 2 bottom, I am desperate to find one. Man, I hope that old rusty piece of yard art isn't the one I have agreed to buy! I asked this old gentleman if he could e-mail me a picture before I drive all the way down there, but he just laughed! Guess he isn't into technology! I am taking a gamble, but hopefully it will be a decent one. I am going down Friday to buy it and pick it up. I hope the one you see isn't in Chapin.

You should ask the owner of that plow if it's for sale, or at least see what model it is. They are getting hard to find and no one makes a decent one anymore. What little I have used mine really showed me how effective it is to break up hard packed dirt that my disc just rolls over. I just need one with some trip protection for that hidden rock, and I learned to slow down and not get in too big a hurry with my old one. The repair will be cheap, but breaking loose 60 year old bolts required some serious hammering.

What part of the state are you in? Just curious is all. Did you see the listing in the Carolina trader?? Not that it matters to me, but I just happen to live in Lexington so I'm maybe about 15 miles at the most from Chapin.

As for the 3 bottom plow that I go by to/from work, it's between Lex. and B-L (that's Batesburg-Leesville) so it's not the one you are going to buy! I don't really have much interest in getting one that big. I really don't think my 30hp tractor would pull it but I might eventually be in the market for a single bottom plow though. I think it would do just fine with a single plow. Good luck with the one you are buying though, hope it works out for you!

/ Trying to find a 3 bottom plow #13  
There's one listed at an auction on 8/29 near Astoria in west central IL. Click on the auction calendar at this site: topauctions24-7.com/mitchell/. Looks like several interesting implements there.

/ Trying to find a 3 bottom plow #14  
What part of the state are you in? Just curious is all. Did you see the listing in the Carolina trader?? Not that it matters to me, but I just happen to live in Lexington so I'm maybe about 15 miles at the most from Chapin.

As for the 3 bottom plow that I go by to/from work, it's between Lex. and B-L (that's Batesburg-Leesville) so it's not the one you are going to buy! I don't really have much interest in getting one that big. I really don't think my 30hp tractor would pull it but I might eventually be in the market for a single bottom plow though. I think it would do just fine with a single plow. Good luck with the one you are buying though, hope it works out for you!

Hello Kebo, I am in Greenville. I saw the plow in the S.C. Market Bulletin ( put out by the S.C. Dept. of Agriculture.)

/ Trying to find a 3 bottom plow #15  
I live in Pickens SC. I got a good Ford 3 bottom plow, if you are interested? Also got a 2 disc Dearborn as well. Shoot me an email at powell_sc@yahoo.com