Trying to find a new OOS 70hp tractor with a power shift is impossible.

/ Trying to find a new OOS 70hp tractor with a power shift is impossible.
So letç—´ get this straight. You want a new open station tractor to spray herbicide with a hand sprayer. Why not save a ton of money and buy a sprayer that you can control from the safety of the cab tractor you already have?

Now if this is the yarn you spun that convinced the little woman on the purchase of a new tractor, we are with you brother!

(For my smaller fields and hand spraying, I went with a boom/spray gun on the back of a UTV. Much more maneuverable plus I got a UTV!)

View attachment 531119

Haha! The MRS is fine. Thanks for the guidance but I am using a UTV now. The weight of the tank and terrain are way too hard on it. There is no sprayer that will point and shoot at weeds (spot spray) like I need too.

I'll give you my take on this. For OOS you'll have to go to low-tech tractors! No manufacturer today will make tractors with all the electronics in them w/o a cab. Water is the biggest enemy of electronics so if you had one with all the feature w/o a cab it would have to be stored under a roof and the makers cannot rely on the owners to do so, the result, if not done, would be in a great number of warranty claims which obviously the manufacturers don't want to have to deal with.

Hey Thanks for your feedback. Hard to believe they cant make even a simple high low clutchless powershift that's weatherproof. My first tractor driving when I was 10 (1970) was an IHC 706 70hp. Even back then it had a TA (Torque Amplifier) which effectively gave you a high low in each gear. If they could do it then they can do it now.

/ Trying to find a new OOS 70hp tractor with a power shift is impossible. #23  
Kioti RX7320?

An 5085e can be had in an OOS and with a 24/12 trans. In forward it has a high/low to split the gears. Can
knock the power reverser in neutral to change gears in a range I believe

Brett

Hi Brett
Thanks for the tip. Looking at JD Australia web page ( which not unlike the gearbox of their Indian made tractors is very very clunky ;-) ) it seems we don't get the 5085E here yet. We have a 5083E which is listed as a "partial" on the go shift which I guess one can assume would be a syncro with the clutch shift.
For a company like deere I think there web and information is an embarrassment to them. I see on the US 5085E brochure it is also listed as a partial power shift but on another page is talks about a high low as you say. Pretty confusing. JD made in india also scares me.
Thanks again

When you say lots of partial power shift - which ones hare available in OOS ?

From what I see in the spec sheets I think partial power shift may be synchro with clutch shift

/ Trying to find a new OOS 70hp tractor with a power shift is impossible. #27  
Hey Thanks for your feedback. Hard to believe they cant make even a simple high low clutchless powershift that's weatherproof. My first tractor driving when I was 10 (1970) was an IHC 706 70hp. Even back then it had a TA (Torque Amplifier) which effectively gave you a high low in each gear. If they could do it then they can do it now.

Thinking the same thing with the 1970's Case 70 series tractors with the 4 range 3 speed power shift

maybe you need an (Older) tractor??:D

Thinking the same thing with the 1970's Case 70 series tractors with the 4 range 3 speed power shift

maybe you need an (Older) tractor??:D

Haha yes but that narrow 2wd row crop tractor would be a death wish on the hills I now work on. So much for "advancing" technology. They don't make em like they used to!! Reminds me of my iPhone - has all the bells whistles and watch integration but cant make a basic phone call some times when you need it to!:rolleyes:

/ Trying to find a new OOS 70hp tractor with a power shift is impossible. #29  
Give Agco a call they do crazy combinations to configure a tractor to your specs also check out mahindra's heavy duty line.

/ Trying to find a new OOS 70hp tractor with a power shift is impossible. #30  
Risefarm;
Did you watch that video of the massey dyna 4 trans, its what your asking for, and its in their 5600 series tractors.