Price Check Trying to see if these items are worth anything

/ Trying to see if these items are worth anything #1  

gretta12

We have recenlty inherited lots of old machines that may or may not be worth anything. My stepfather was a bit of a junk man...and he recently passed. We are trying to clean the place up. I will post pictures and if you have any info on these items...I would greatly appreciate it.

There is a generator on here...I also put a pic of the tag on here. It said it was Itt electrical corp 30 kw. Not sure...but I would like to know what this stuff is worth if any.

Attachments

• machine 013.jpg
    machine 013.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 208
  • machine 008.jpg
    machine 008.jpg
    829.9 KB · Views: 242
  • machine 005.jpg
    machine 005.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 231
  • machine 006.jpg
    machine 006.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 341
  • machine 003.jpg
    machine 003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 225
  • machine 011.jpg
    machine 011.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 193
  • machine 017.jpg
    machine 017.jpg
    879.7 KB · Views: 348
   / Trying to see if these items are worth anything #2  
I'm sorry for your loss.
Call an auctioneer that has experience selling various types of equipment. The auctioneer will take the items with value on consignment and tell you which items to scrap.
Where are you located? Someone on here might see something they can use.

Last edited:
   / Trying to see if these items are worth anything #3  
If you can get the tractor/bush hog running that will be your most valuable item. The old F-700 with no bed will bring scrap price. The generator is a wild card but the number of bidders would be low.

An auction could be your best bet I agree or just get someone that will shoot you a fair price. $3K to $5K maybe on a good day. Again the tractor if it is running will attract some bidders.

If you are needing it gone then the $$$ value may not be so important.

Sorry about your loss.

/ Trying to see if these items are worth anything #4  
It's a lonely thing to lose one's dad.

Ditto. Call an auctioneer. Get stuff moved out, move on and live life. Most of that stuff is too time consuming.

My sympathies.

/ Trying to see if these items are worth anything #5  
I agree with the auction process and if anyone needs parts for the brush hog, we stock them. Sorry about your loss. Ken Sweet

/ Trying to see if these items are worth anything #6  
If you or anyone with a case like yours lived in my region I would be glad to help and I am sure others would do the same. There are some of us like your step father and know we may leave a mess behind too.

A good auction company would help do this two but yours would be a low dollar sale based on what is pictured making it harder to find someone.

Tires need to be aired up, engines need to start, the tractor needs to be off the trailer, etc, etc. I have recently purchased a tractor and equipment trailer off of Craigslist so if you have time to deal with people that does work.

Did your step father have any close friends that knows this equipment. That would be helpful. I do not know the tractor but have the same generation F-700 truck except in gas.

Do you have other kinds of items so you could draw a larger crowd?

We just went thought this due to the death of my FIL and they just flat did not want to have people coming in and pick over things so having a sale may be bad advice.

OK I have gone back an looked picture by picture. There was a four wheel wagon, a couple small trailers and looked like one gooseneck and a LOT of stuff. The estate (your mother or who ever) really needs to have a sale as others have stated. There are things that would attract several bidders plus you know you got what the high bidder was willing to pay. The loader forks are attractive too.

The estate needs to get what it is worth.

Best of luck as you work through these matters.

/ Trying to see if these items are worth anything #7  
You may consider having a auction and see if the auctioneer would be willing to also have a open consignment for neighbors that want to bring equipment in to go with yours. The more stuff they sell the lower, the commission is. You may consider putting your equipment with another auction and this will also bring commission price down. Ken Sweet

/ Trying to see if these items are worth anything #8  
I have also had to go through this in the past. In our area there are people who will load up ALL (100 percent) of the old stuff including the scrap iron, old tires and all......and split the proceeds from the scrap sales with you....typically 50/50. Have him show you the receipts.

The better items could go to a consignment sale.....and depending on how much time you have you could split that the same way with the "scrappie" or get the stuff ready and haul it to the consignment yard yourself. You have several items that appear quite saleable IMO.

You could ask for names of such folks that do this stuff at a local scrap yard. ;)