Trying to upload a photo

/ Trying to upload a photo #1  

Dcara

Tractor
Ford 2810, Komatsu D31S-16; White 2-105
My photo is 703kB in size which exceeds the 500kB limit I read about. I believe this is why I am getting an error when I try to upload it. Is there another way to upload it or should I upload it to Photo Bucket and then providing a link to it?

/ Trying to upload a photo #2  
If you do not want to upload it to a free site like Photobucket, then you need to resize it. You can open it in MS Paint or other photo program and resize it by lowering the resolution or image size.

You could also use Microsoft's Image Resizer which is a free plug in where you just right click on the photo in an explorer window and click on resize pictures. Then you can choose from a small list of sizes and there you go, it even saves it has a new name so you do not overwrite the original.

/ Trying to upload a photo #3  
When I try to upload a photo to my "Member Gallery" I get the following error:

/home/tractorb/htdocs/photos/uploads/67641: Error creating directory (check permissions)​

I tried to find a link to a systems administrator who might be able to sort it out, but all I could find on the site was an address for "contact@tractorbynet.com." I wrote to the address days ago and did not receive a reply. I can't help but wonder if there anybody behind that address?

I can, however, upload photos as attachments in posts without a problem.

I don't know if your problem is of the similar type, but it would be great to know if there are any administrators who could help out. Am I just not seeing the appropriate link somewhere?

~Kevin

/ Trying to upload a photo
I got the same message after I resized my photo down to 175kB. So just put the pic up on photobucket and linked to it in another thread.

Doug

/ Trying to upload a photo #5  
I use Photobucket because it's easier for me to use for multiple forums and I love the clickable thumbnails. I just looked and the limit for image attachments on this forum is 1,000KB so your 703KB photo should have posted just fine. I wonder if you need to have a certain number of post before you are allowed to attach an image to a message...?

Edit, I attached your image to this post to make sure it works and it looks like it did fine.

Attachments

• 75-DSCF0652.jpg
    75-DSCF0652.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 110
   / Trying to upload a photo #6  
they call it a magnetic valve, one wire goes to ground and the other goes to the intake manifold heater, you have one , i saw it in the picture on photo bucket , when opened it allows fuel to go directly through the little tube on the valve to the manifold heater when you pull the switch on the dash. the electrical connection is provided through the manifold heater to that magnetic valve.