TSC coming to Swanton Vt.

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt. #11  
I hesitate to travel to cities with homicide rates 20x that of the entire state of Vermont. Went to Baltimore once, only to learn it was the murder capital of the world. And I went to Boston once, home of the offensive driver. I'll stay away, thank you very much.

But Rutland, now that's a safe place! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pete

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt. #12  
There is one in Bennington as well, but thats a pretty good ride from Stowe.
I keep hoping to see one in NH. I think the Keene area would be a good fit.

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt. #13  
Okay, that's it! After hearing about TSC for years here on TBN and never seeing one I've had enough. I'll be at the Rutland store Friday afternoon to see what it's all about.

Pete

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt. #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Went to Baltimore once, )</font> <font color="blue"> </font>

Who said anything about Baltimore? I thought this thread was about TSC stores.... SHEESH /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Yes maybe you should stay in VT.

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt. #15  
It's about Vermont, the safest place to be. Cross over borders especially to our south and you run into hordes of barbarians! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Heck, even a trip to WalMart is traumatic for me! I'll stick to the general store.

Pete

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt.
You got that right Pete. I try to stay away from Burlington as often as possible. This year has been a weird year for weather. We have people already tapped and making syrup. Made 200 gallons of fancy in Fairfax Vt. I'm not pulling out my buckets until the end of Feb. Now to get back on track. I wonder if TSC will sell maple supplies? See how I worked that in? Maybe I better go buy a lotto ticket! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You all have a great day! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt. #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I hesitate to travel to cities with homicide rates 20x that of the entire state of Vermont. Went to Baltimore once, only to learn it was the murder capital of the world. And I went to Boston once, home of the offensive driver. I'll stay away, thank you very much.

But Rutland, now that's a safe place! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pete )</font>
Mornin Pete,
Wrong, New orleans has them beat, or maybe I should say had them beat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt. #18  
I hope you get a "good one". There's two TSC stores near here. One's in Hillview, the other in Bardstown (Kentucky) The Hillview store has the dubious honor of being (by my standards) the worst store in the chain. They NEVER have anything in stock when you need it. The "help" needs help themselves. (There's only one employee that lives or has ever lived on a working farm, and he's just part-time) The place is always a shambles. Worst of all is the traffic/parking lot. It's in a strip mall right across from a WalMart. The traffic in and out of the place will let ONE CAR in or out per cycle of the traffic light. (Not TSC's fault per say, but they did choose the location)

The BArdstown store is a model of efficientcy. ALWAYS clean and well organized. They have well stocked shelves. The people that work there all know of what they sell. They all drive trucks with farm tags on them. And that's a good thing! Best of all, it's one of the first things you encounter when you come in to town.The traffic isn't bad, and there's a big, roomy parking lot.

For your benifit, I hope you get a "Bardstown store".

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt. #19  
Al, If you know anything about tractors, tools, work clothes, hardware, or farm stuff - and I mean "anything" - please apply for a job at the Bennington, VT TSC. These folks are clueless to the extreme...the shelves are full but other than the manager not one employee can tell you one thing about the products they sell. A sad state of affairs. Hope your local TSC will be better.

-Norm

/ TSC coming to Swanton Vt. #20  
F.Y.I.
Nashville Business Journal- "Tractor Supply earnings up 40%, stock rockets north." On this news the stock jumped over $11 dollars per share.
They seem to be following the Wal-Mart Business Model - expand,expand,expand.

Buck