TSC Landscape rake: any opinions?

/ TSC Landscape rake: any opinions? #1  

IslandTractor

Super Star Member
Tractor
2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH
I found a 6ft landscape rake with gauge wheels at TSC for $592. Has anyone had experience with their rakes? I did not recognize the manufacturer name so I assume it is an in house brand. Price seemed pretty good compared to the Landpride (at about $1000 with wheels). I'd be using it mostly to clear debris from brush clearing and maybe some prep for reseeding a meadow. Opinions?

/ TSC Landscape rake: any opinions? #2  
I don't believe the 6' rake I got from TSC a year ago is labeled either. But, the paint color is the same as the other implements they had sitting in the lot labeled King Kutter.
I'm not really sure how to put a rake through it's paces, but it seems, in general, to be a low tech tool that performs that way. It rakes up Fall leaves from the yard +/- Ok. Even though the rake generates piles of leaves, plenty are left behind so the yard doesn't look nicely raked when your done. It also collects debris pretty good, but carries alot of dirt with it, which is a bit bothersome.
The gauge wheels are a plus. And, a powered toplink makes using it much more pleasant. Overall, the rake does get used, but I'm not overly impressed by the job it does...or at least the job I'm able to do with it.

OKieG

/ TSC Landscape rake: any opinions? #3  
Not really designed to be "yard rake" like something with smaller, spindly tines, but can do a good job. To keep it from dragging a lot of dirt, I go slowly in the beginning, pick up some debris and then very slightly raise the rake so that the debris does the gathering.

Go slowly will keep a lot more at the rake and not drop as much.

The way steel prices have gone up, that's not a bad price for Landscape Rake WITH wheels.

There isn't a lot of difference in them, just be sure it can be adjusted to angles, and that it will turn all the way around. There are benefits to using those functions, and not all rakes do them.

John

/ TSC Landscape rake: any opinions? #4  
Is it this one?
http://www.kingkutter.com/WholeGood.asp?item=YardRakes

Thats a King Kutter, Ive had a 6' one for about three or four years. I used it on my Grand L 3130 when I had it, nowq I use it on my BX23. Its a little too big for the BX but it still works fine and, to my surprise, isnt too long to swing completely around.
Its not a bad rake, but rakes are pretty simple, Im not sure anyone makes a "bad" one. Like was mentioned above, as long as it angles and swings around, it'll work fine.

Oh yea, as mentioned, its not really a "yard rake". The tines are way to stiff. They will clean your yard of most of its grass as well as leaves and sticks.

/ TSC Landscape rake: any opinions?
No, it was not a King Kutter, that name I would recognize. It was a "Caterpillar" yellow painted rake with a brand name I'd never heard before. I vaguely recall the name "tractor" as part of the brand name. TSC had a bunch of them in different sizes.

Regarding the use of the rake: yes, I am aware it is not a fine delicate instrument. I am cleaning up an abandoned meadow and have lots of small debris to collect. Also want to be able to tear up some weeded areas before reseeding and level out some areas that had stumps removed.

I looked at the TR3 rake which might do a better job generally but at four times the cost it isn't worth it to me. A box blade would do some of these tasks better but my primary mission is to collect 3 acres of "droppings" from brush cutting as well as little pieces that fell out of the grapple while being transported etc so I think a landscape rake with wheels should probably do the job.

/ TSC Landscape rake: any opinions? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( so I think a landscape rake with wheels should probably do the job. )</font>
Should do pretty well. With the wheels, you have a little better control than one just hanging off the back, but do expect a few divets to show up.

Happy yard cleaning!
John

/ TSC Landscape rake: any opinions? #7  
I have a 84in king kutter rake and it works fine... Also have the guage wheels for it...

/ TSC Landscape rake: any opinions? #8  
Was Tractor Force the name maybe??. I believe they are one in the same as King Kutter!

Tractor Force sounds possible. I did not know King Kutter used different names. Odd that TSC would stock both KK equipment and TF.

Thanks all.

Ed

Tractor Force sounds possible. I did not know King Kutter used different names. Odd that TSC would stock both KK equipment and TF.

Thanks all.

Ed