TSC Landscape (york) rake

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #11  
I need to buy a landscape rake in the not to distant future. Tractor Supply is going to be opening an new store in my town within a month (I would guess by the looks when I drive buy). So my question is " Does TSC offer grand opening deals such as 10% or 15 % off on such purchases when the new store opens?" If they do I guess I will wait till they open to purchase. If no deals I will drive to another nearby TSC and get one sooner.

Do a search of TBN for TSC's rake. Although they still may be able to order a KK rake, and a few of their stores may still carry them, most of the TSC stores have switched over to the MORE lightweight Farm Force or CountyLine brand. The main beam on these have been documented here at TBN to be prone to bending. As I said, do some searching. The pictures tell a thousand words.

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #12  
For just a few dollars more you can get a Leinbach rake. They are very well made. I got mine from Everything attachments. I don't think you can beat the bang for the buck. Good Luck.

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #13  
I bought this 6' rake at TSC less than a year ago. It has served it's purpose very well rakeing loam and gravel. For residential use I don't see any problem with these attachments. I have a blade which is built much the same way as the rake that I have used more than the rake. Love the blade.

I'm going to say this right out loud....IF YOU DON'T ABUSE...you will get good use.

I never feel the need to get the next project done in 20 minutes and I think my equipment thanks me for that...everytime.:thumbsup:

TractorandBlade009.jpg

TractorandBlade008.jpg

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #14  
I have the york rake and I'm not too happy with it. the outboard attach prongs have bent. This is probably due to the tines of the scarfer catching on immovable stones. At any rate, I can't lower the scarfer now due to this.
Also the wheels slide upwards no matter how tight that I make the retaining bolt.
I made the mistake of resting the rake with a single tine on a rock and now that tine has twisted to uselessness.

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #15  
I am tired of hardware stores that don't have real hardware anymore yet seem to be able to sell cokes, hats, food, clothes and yes toy tractors.

Isn't that the truth! I get so fed up with Depot and Lowe's for not having what I need. One of Depot's tool rental employees told me that he's fed up with Depot selling non hardware/lumber yard related crap.

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #16  
I have the york rake and I'm not too happy with it. the outboard attach prongs have bent. This is probably due to the tines of the scarfer catching on immovable stones. At any rate, I can't lower the scarfer now due to this.
Also the wheels slide upwards no matter how tight that I make the retaining bolt.
I made the mistake of resting the rake with a single tine on a rock and now that tine has twisted to uselessness.

Could you clarify your post.??......"outboard attach prongs.??" And, "can't lower the scarfer.??"

Huh.??

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #17  
Could you clarify your post.??......"outboard attach prongs.??" And, "can't lower the scarfer.??"

Huh.??
Go to yorkmodern.com and you can find these optional attachments offered for their rakes. I had a chance to buy a used one set up with those options but turned it down for another same model York rake without all those options. The York scarifier attachment by itself is quite pricey and my BB with ripper teeth does a better job. I think York was trying to make a 2-in-1 attachment.

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #18  
The tines are replaceable. Replace it.
My model RI 8' York rake has a "T" bolt to adjust and tighten for each guide wheel. The "T" bolt handle is 5/8"x5" solid rod stock. Have you tried to tighten yours with the aid of a helper pipe? Mine gives me no trouble when doing that. At a depth that you commonly use, would it be possible for you to drill/score the wheel tube just enough to create a seat for the "T" bolt? You might have to slightly grind to round off the bolt face for a better fit if you decide to score the tube. I haven't had to do that so it is just a thought.

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #19  
I bent the **** out of my TSC 5ft rake on the back of my BX-24. I'm not sure what did it but it twisted up at the ends so the middle tines where the only ones touching the ground. It wasn't the tines that bent it was the upper tine carrier part. I took the tines off, cut the pivoting section off and welded up some heavy channel iron and some flat stock around the edges. came out to be very beefy.

/ TSC Landscape (york) rake #20  
I bent the **** out of my TSC 5ft rake on the back of my BX-24. I'm not sure what did it but it twisted up at the ends so the middle tines where the only ones touching the ground. It wasn't the tines that bent it was the upper tine carrier part. I took the tines off, cut the pivoting section off and welded up some heavy channel iron and some flat stock around the edges. came out to be very beefy.

Who was the manufacture of your rake Matt?

MarkV