TSC Premium Universal Hydro Fluid In Question?

/ TSC Premium Universal Hydro Fluid In Question? #11  
Few bucks saved on fluids can sure be expensive on repairs.

Five bucks per gallon difference isn't small change when your machine takes 28 gallons. Not that big of a deal for 5 gallons.

I'm inclined to believe that they didn't blatantly lie on their label regarding specific compatibility. John Deere, New Holland, and all the other manufacturers mentioned on the label would be quick to go after them in that case.

/ TSC Premium Universal Hydro Fluid In Question? #12  
I think we should wait for some facts. What you are saying may be true but we really don't know. Lot of members have used TSC product for years. You would think this is not something that would get by. I have read at least a dozen threads on this subject over time. Lot of smart people have looked into it.

/ TSC Premium Universal Hydro Fluid In Question? #14  
I'm inclined to believe that they didn't blatantly lie on their label regarding specific compatibility. John Deere, New Holland, and all the other manufacturers mentioned on the label would be quick to go after them in that case.

Read the label. They're vague enough to not say which JD, NH, etc. spec they meet. For the 303 fluid, read the fine print on the bucket. It says for 1972 and older tractors. So if you have a 1965 JD, this fluid will work great for you at a bargain price. Sure it works for the most part on newer tractors, but start using it in an HST or power shuttle and you'll likely notice problems sooner rather than later. In a regular tractor you'll see issues as well, but it does work for a while.

/ TSC Premium Universal Hydro Fluid In Question? #15  
Read the label. They're vague enough to not say which JD, NH, etc. spec they meet.
Just read the label on the bucket I have.
Says
John Deere 303 fluid ( JDM-J20A, JDM J14B)
John Deere Hygaurd ( JDM- J20C)
Ford/ New Holland M2C41B, M2C48C, 53, 86B, 134 D, C, B, A

/ TSC Premium Universal Hydro Fluid In Question? #16  
Five bucks per gallon difference isn't small change when your machine takes 28 gallons. Not that big of a deal for 5 gallons.

$125 is not a insignificant amount of money I agree. My point was that $125 is probably about one or one and a half hours of shop time at the tractor repair shop. They will use that up just diagnosing it. Probably will not even be able to get one hauled into be looked at for $125 in transport fees. The possible cost of a mistake and repairs can be a big factor in choices one has to make.

/ TSC Premium Universal Hydro Fluid In Question? #17  
If you have wet clutches or wet brakes then personaly i would suggest spending the money on good fluid. Thos of us with out wet clutches regular hydraulic fluid should do just fine.

As far as i know universal tractor fluid has wet clutch protection. Do your self a favor and at least find out the price of a quality fluid from the dealer, napa, or other suppliers that would have a name brand. Repairing the transmissions in a tractor with wet clutches can get real expensive real quick.

/ TSC Premium Universal Hydro Fluid In Question? #18  
Read the label. They're vague enough to not say which JD, NH, etc. spec they meet. For the 303 fluid, read the fine print on the bucket. It says for 1972 and older tractors. So if you have a 1965 JD, this fluid will work great for you at a bargain price. Sure it works for the most part on newer tractors, but start using it in an HST or power shuttle and you'll likely notice problems sooner rather than later. In a regular tractor you'll see issues as well, but it does work for a while.

Just read the label on the bucket I have.
Says
John Deere 303 fluid ( JDM-J20A, JDM J14B)
John Deere Hygaurd ( JDM- J20C)
Ford/ New Holland M2C41B, M2C48C, 53, 86B, 134 D, C, B, A

You beat me to it. I don't think they could be any more specific.

/ TSC Premium Universal Hydro Fluid In Question? #19  
My feeling is, you buy the fluid and filters at the dealer while under warranty. If something were to go wrong, it is relatively cheap insurance against them denying a warranty claim.