TSCO too late to buy?

/ TSCO too late to buy? #1  

mountain_man

Gold Member
Tractor
JD790
I've been looking at Tractor Supply Co (NASDAQ: TSCO) which has been outperforming S&P, Dow, Nasdaq for the past 2 years and their fundamentals look pretty good as well.

Not having a store nearby in Colorado (closest store in NE or KS) to check out, what kind of an operation are they? Do you think they have growth potential (not Starbucks saturation but better nationwide footprint)? Any comments appreciated.

/ TSCO too late to buy? #2  
There like the walmart of farm equipment and farm supplies. Pretty much generic stuff for all types of farming equipment and home yard care carring feed, to metalworking to pesticides and tractor parts spraying parts. and farm/lawn implements. They have a ton of products for home and some light duty farm needs at pretty good prices since they buy genericly as in same items in bulk...

there located in central nashville tn i use to live there and you can check out some of there stuff at there website www.tractorsupply.com

/ TSCO too late to buy? #3  
The AP just had some nice things to say about them in a syndicated story that ran in papers nationwide. They really don't have the option of buying out any more competative chains because there really aren't any of any size around any longer. Their growth is going to have to be via expansion instead of acquisition. The plans are to expand to the east first and then in your direction.

There were two things the CEO said I rather enjoyed. One was about the name as they're hardly a tractor supply company any longer. He acknowledged that and said he's thought about changing the name. He said he's been thinking about it for over thirty years now. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The other I thought summed up the way I look at TSC and why I believe they'll continue to grow and do well. He said "We don't sell anything you can't find somewhere else, but there's no place else you can go and find everything we have."

/ TSCO too late to buy? #4  
The last issue of Money Magazine had a small article stating that in their opinion it was still a good buy. Although it has run up a lot in the last 2 years and not likely to continue at that rate. I believe it stated that they intend to open another 300 stores in the next year. There are 5 within 40 miles of me, the closest only 2 miles. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Took a trip to south TX last weekend and saw 2 that were not there last year.