Comparison TTWT Kubota BX / Deere 1-Series Comparison

/ TTWT Kubota BX / Deere 1-Series Comparison #1  

Tractor Time with Tim

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025R
We are working through a somewhat detailed comparison of the Kubota BX2680 to the Deere 1025R. We are hoping to provide useful information not seen in the other YouTube reviews.

Here is 'Round #1'

/ TTWT Kubota BX / Deere 1-Series Comparison
...and Here is a follow-up to Round #1 responding to comments, and discussing some things which needed further explanation or correction.

Further 'rounds' coming.

Your comments and ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim

Here is Round #2 Mower Deck walkaround and install

Follow-up to Round #2. Reply to comments, corrections, etc.

/ TTWT Kubota BX / Deere 1-Series Comparison #5  
Deere 1025R is the larger tractor, how do they compare price wise (list and "typical street prices) when similarity equipped? (I don't know) Unless the BX is less money the 1025R appears to be the better value. However if the 1025R is approaching the price of say a B2301/2601.........

Deere 1025R is the larger tractor, how do they compare price wise (list and "typical street prices) when similarity equipped? (I don't know) Unless the BX is less money the 1025R appears to be the better value. However if the 1025R is approaching the price of say a B2301/2601.........

You raise a good point. However, I do not know how to do an accurate comparison of prices.
This seems to be a regional thing. Here in the midwest, the 1025r might actually be cheaper than the BX. In some regions, there seems to be a large difference in prices.

Tim

Round #3

Turning radius,

Hillside stability,

Noise levels,

Fuel Consumption,

and more.

Last edited:
   / TTWT Kubota BX / Deere 1-Series Comparison #8  
So just for grins and giggles, I built a couple of tractors on line. A JD 1023E with a 60 inch deck and end loader is $18,932, while a 1025R equipped the same way is $20,809. With the Kubota's I also equipped with a 60 inch, but not the driver over deck, and a quick attach on the end loader, A BX2380 is $17.827 and a BX 2680 is $19,265. This is just building on line so who knows what they actually sell for. This last February I bought a JD2025R for an out the door price of the 1025R price so I know JD has discounts but I'm not sure about Kubota. The JD dealer also gave me 7k for a 10 year old BX2350 with about 800 hours on it.

So just for grins and giggles, I built a couple of tractors on line. A JD 1023E with a 60 inch deck and end loader is $18,932, while a 1025R equipped the same way is $20,809. With the Kubota's I also equipped with a 60 inch, but not the driver over deck, and a quick attach on the end loader, A BX2380 is $17.827 and a BX 2680 is $19,265. This is just building on line so who knows what they actually sell for. This last February I bought a JD2025R for an out the door price of the 1025R price so I know JD has discounts but I'm not sure about Kubota. The JD dealer also gave me 7k for a 10 year old BX2350 with about 800 hours on it.

Yes, very difficult to compare actual buying prices. Deere dealers publish their prices within their sales area, but I cannot seem to find published pricing for Kubota's...even by asking folks for results from within their area.
For reference, those Deere dealer's published prices for 1025r, 60mmm with auto-connect, 120r loader with JDQA....$15,800-$16,200. Again, these are published prices...within their sales areas only.

I have been contacted by Kubota dealers willing to give me a quote as long as I don't publish their name with it. However, how could this be considered fair? Would an average customer get that same quote from the same dealer, or is this a somewhat artificial quote generated only for our comparison?

Round #4

Loader Lift Capacity comparison.